Help with Certificate installation on Progress 11.3 - Forum - OpenEdge General - Progress Community

Help with Certificate installation on Progress 11.3

Forum

Help with Certificate installation on Progress 11.3

This question is not answered

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to install a private certificate with SSL, but i'm not sure where or how to install it so that Progress detect him.

What i've done:

-Install the .p12 cert in Internet Options > Content > Certs (on Windows XP, where ir run Progress client)

-Convert .p12 to .pem and install/take with mkhashfile on Proenv

After doing this, I have the same error message like if I didn't do anything of previous steps.

Please, any type of information will be util.

Really thanks, and sorry for my bad english.

All Replies
  • The certificate needs to be in $DLC/certs and you should import it using the certutil -import command.

• Hi Brian!

The certificate are in DLC\certs, I didn't clarify this, because I supose that on the 2 step that I have done. I take a look into the directory, and yes, it is in there.

Anyway, you told me do this with the 'certutil' command, and I did this with the 'mkhashfile' command, 'cause the first command give me an error. ("No Perl script found in input")

• Alejandro,

If you are running on 64 bit Linux the cause is most likely that you have 64-bit Perl installed.  You need 32-bit Perl instead.

Brian

• Brian,

I'm running on Windows XP 32 bit, and I have not Perl installation on my machine. (That's because doesn't exists any current version available for Win XP)

• Alejandro,

What OpenEdge products do you have installed?  We normally install a verson of Perl in our installation.

Brian

• Brian,

I have installed Progress 11.3.

This is all the info I have from my OpenEdge Installation:

Product Name : Progress

Install Path : C:\dlc11

Version : 11.3

Service Pack : 00

Temp. Fix : 00

Build : 1232

• Do you have any other Windows machine with 11.3 installed?

If so, do the import on that machine then copy the $DLC/certs folder (zip it up), copy it to the XP box, zip up the existing certs directory then extract the new one into the certs directory.

• Run the showcfg command (or use the “License Info” icon in your start menu.

• The License info is:

Product Name:   Progress Dev Studio OE

Installation Date:   Wed Aug 17 09:49:24 2016

User Limit:   1

Expiration Date:   None

Serial Number:   006017633

Control Numbers:   XXXXX - XXXXX - XXXXX

Version Number:   11.3            

Machine Class:   KB

Port Number:   31

Product Name:   OE Studio

Installation Date:   Wed Aug 17 09:49:24 2016

User Limit:   1

Expiration Date:   None

Serial Number:   006017634

Control Numbers:   XXXXX - XXXXX - XXXXX

Version Number:   11.3            

Machine Class:   KB

Port Number:   31

On the other hand, I have another machine with Windows installation and Progress 11.3.

I going to try that when a come back to work tomorrow.

Really thanks! I will update you tomorrow.

• Hi Brian!

I already tried in other computer, but I had the same result :/

Do you have another suggestion? Thanks!

• What exactly did you do?  Please give step by step details.

• What I done was:

-Position me on the DLC\bin location from windows console.

-Try to execute 'certutil -import C:\desarrollo\xgtw.cer', also try 'certutil -format PEM -import C:\desarrollo\xgtw.cer', but both of them return the same error message. ("No perl script found in input").

That is why I installed it with the mkhashfile command.

• Hi Alejandro,

You need to do this from the Proenv command prompt, not just a normal Windows command prompt.

So the steps should be:

1)      From Windows start menu on a machine where you have a full installation select the “Proenv” icon (a command prompt will be opened).

2)      In the command prompt type “prompt $P$G” and press enter (this will show the directory & makes things easier).

3)      Copy your certificate to %DLC%\certs (i.e. copy my.cer %DLC%\certs).

4)      Run “certutil -import my.cer” (where my.cer will be changed to your certificate file name).

5)      Zip up the %DLC%\certs directory.

6)      Bring the zip file over the the Windows XP machine.

7)      Backup the existing %DLC%\certs directory on the XP machine.

8)      Extract the zip file into the %DLC%\certs directory (look at the directory after you are done to ensure that the unzip did not add an extra directory level, if it did you need to fix that).

Brian

• Great, I just tried that.

Arrive until step 4, where give me an error.

What I did was:

1)      From Windows start menu on a machine where I have a full installation select the “Proenv” icon.

2)      In the command prompt I typed “prompt $P$G” and pressed enter.

3)      I copied my certificate to %DLC%\certs whit the line 'copy mycert.pem C:\DLC\certs'.

4)      I runed “certutil -import mycert.pem”.

5)      After this step, I got the "No perl script found in input" error message.

• In your installation directory do you have a subdirectory named “Perl”?

If not, then I need to know exactly what products you installed (i.e. names of products, do not send serial numbers or control codes) and I need to know the Windows version and bit mode you are using (i.e. Windows 7 64-bit).

Brian