No Pacific Application Server instance (oepas1) in new OE11.5.1 64-bit installation - Forum - OpenEdge General - Progress Community

No Pacific Application Server instance (oepas1) in new OE11.5.1 64-bit installation

Forum

No Pacific Application Server instance (oepas1) in new OE11.5.1 64-bit installation

• I've installed PowerShell 4 and created Pacific Server without reinstallation (pasman create %WRKDIR%\oepas1). Now I can move in my Telerik demo studies

community.progress.com/.../2437.webinar-modernize-your-existing-openedge-applications-with-kendo-ui.aspx

Thank you Roy, thank you Irfan.

Regards,

Andrzej

• The next problem with PAS is: I can't start oepas1 service because of error - "Starting oepas1 in xxx.oepas1 (pacific Application Server for OpenEdge 11.5) has encountered a problem. Server oepas1 in xps.oepas1 (Pacific Application Server for OpenEdge 11.5) failed to start. "

• Can you please share oepas1 agent log. You can find the log in $WRKDIR/oepas1/logs/oepas1.agent.log

It give give us some information on why it did not start

Regards,

Irfan

• The catalog is empty.

• No logs at all ?

Regards,

Irfan

• Yes. Studio is trying to run server for few minutes. Then diplays error message.

• To know if the problem is with the Pacific Appserver, can you try starting the instance from proenv

First clear all your olds if created for the instance.

In proenv type

pasman clean -I oepas1

Now start your instance

pasman start -I oepas1

Note: -I means -(captial i)

then you can look at the logs in $WRKDIR/oepas1/logs to see if it shows up any error in the agent or the server logs if  the instance does not start

Regards,

Irfan

• ERROR from "run as administrator" context:

Exception: The term 'cmd.exe' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.in startupCmd at line :

Exiting with fatal exception condition

======================================================

ERROR from user adm context:

cat : Access denied to path "C:\OE11\OpenEdge\servers\pasoe\conf\instances.windows".

At C:\OE11\OpenEdge\servers\pasoe\bin\tcmanager.ps1:1572 char:19

+         $_tmp= $( cat $script:_instlist | %{

+                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : PermissionDenied: (C:\OE11\OpenEdg...stances.win

dows:String) [Get-Content], UnauthorizedAccessException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : GetContentReaderUnauthorizedAccessError,Microsof

t.PowerShell.Commands.GetContentCommand

The instance alias name not registered - oepas1

• So when did this exception occur ? I am not sure why you see access denied errors when you are running with Administrative privileges

Regards,

Irfan

• After "pasman start" command in proenv (run as ...). In the first context "current directory" is "C:\Windows\system32", in second - "C:\OE11wrk\WRK".

• The term 'netstat' is not recognized by PowerShell 4.0. Are you sure, it is suitable for OE11.5 (see previous "logs") ?

• "netstat" need to work, please check why is it not working

Regards,

Irfan

• I called Powershell_4.0 and tried to run "netstat" - it is not recognized. Is it recognized by PowerShell_3.0 ?

• it should work for both the versions

Regards,

Irfan

• netstat.jpg

Could you review the screen view I added ?