No Pacific Application Server instance (oepas1) in new OE11.5.1 64-bit installation - Forum - OpenEdge General - Progress Community

No Pacific Application Server instance (oepas1) in new OE11.5.1 64-bit installation

Forum

No Pacific Application Server instance (oepas1) in new OE11.5.1 64-bit installation

• I've installed OE Dev Studio 64-bit and I can't see Pacific Server instance (oepas1) in OE Explorer. During install process I've specified default Pacific ports. Is that mean I have no access to Pacific Server ? I need it for my first Telerik experiments.

• Hi,

Is the instance created in your WRKDIR after installation

Regards,

Irfan

• No it wasn't.

• Please attach the *.log files found in $DLC/install.

Thanks
    Dave

From: Andrzej_Sz [mailto:bounce-Andrzej_Sz@community.progress.com]
    Sent: Friday, August 14, 2015 8:59 AM
    To: TU.OE.General@community.progress.com
    Subject: RE: [Technical Users - OE General] No Pacific Application Server instance (oepas1) in new OE11.5.1 64-bit installation

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

• Seems like the installation failed to create the instance. Can you please send openedge_tailor,openedge_tailor_stderr and tcman_create logs in $DLC/install location

Regards,

Irfan

• openedge_tailor.log

info: command line options: -v -Z dev -M -O -X C:\OE11\OpenEdge\jdk -D C:\OE11\OpenEdge -W C:\OE11wrk\WRK  
    info: Tailoring arguments: '-v -Z dev -M -O -X C:\OE11\OpenEdge\jdk -D C:\OE11\OpenEdge -W C:\OE11wrk\WRK'
    info: running tailor functions( pasTailor pasoeTailor )
    info: tailoring server installed at location: C:\OE11\OpenEdge\servers\pasoe
    info: verifying server directories at: C:\OE11\OpenEdge\servers\pasoe
    info: verifying server scripts at: C:\OE11\OpenEdge\servers\pasoe\bin
    info: verifying server configuration files at: C:\OE11\OpenEdge\servers\pasoe\conf
    info: resolving server home directory...

info: Begin tailoring core Progress Application Server
    info: tailoring CATALINA_HOME in server scripts at: C:\OE11\OpenEdge\servers\pasoe\bin
    info: updating PAS version
    info: tailoring the server's installation platform
    info: tailoring the servers network ports
    info: updating tailoring time in pas_tailor.txt
    info: tailoring JAVA_HOME configuration with - C:\OE11\OpenEdge\jdk
    info: Tailoring Windows security is not supported

info: Begin tailoring OpenEdge plugin to Progress Application Server
    info: verifying OpenEdge DLC and WRKDIR paths
    info: verifying OpenEdge directories at: C:\OE11\OpenEdge\servers\pasoe
    info: verifying OpenEdge scripts at: \bin
    info: verifying OpenEdge configuration files at: C:\OE11\OpenEdge\servers\pasoe\conf
    info: tailoring CATALINA_HOME in OpenEdge scripts at: C:\OE11\OpenEdge\servers\pasoe\bin
    info: tailoring DLC in OpenEdge scripts at: C:\OE11\OpenEdge\servers\pasoe\bin
    info: tailoring WRKDIR in OpenEdge scripts at: C:\OE11\OpenEdge\servers\pasoe\bin
    info: updating Java configuration to use OpenEdge JDK/JRE: C:\OE11\OpenEdge\servers\pasoe\bin\javacfg.bat
    info: tailoring OpenEdge lib extensions for version: 1.1.1
    info: deploying the OEABL service web application
    info: replacing default ROOT application with OpenEdge OEABL
    info: deploying OEABL to web application ROOT
    info: enabling the OpenEdge naming service
    info: enabling the OpenEdge lifecycle service
    info: The OpenEdge remote administration manager is already deployed
    info: updated https protcol list in C:\OE11\OpenEdge\servers\pasoe\conf\catalina.properties - SSLv2Hello,TLSv1,TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2
    info: The Tomcat remote administration manager is already deployed
    info: Updating registered instances
    info: Updating existing instances found in C:\OE11\OpenEdge\servers\pasoe\conf\instances.windows
    info: No instances found

openedge_tailor_stderr.log

"empty file"

tcman_create.log

info: executing create Tomcat instance command
    Exception: The term 'netstat' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
    in createCmd at line :
    Exiting with fatal exception condition

tcman_create_stderr.log

"empty file"

• Looks like you may have an older version of Windows Powershell?  To verify the version you can open Windows Powershell and type (or cut and paste):

$PSVersionTable.PSVersion

I believe we need version Major version 4.  Please upgrade your Powershell version and the run this command from the "proenv" command window:

pasman create %WRKDIR%\oepas1

This should create the oepas1 instance you are expecting without having to reinstall.

Let us know how you do or if you have further questions or problems,

Roy

• If it is not the powershell version problem, then I suspect it to be the with your user privileges on the machine  because it seems to be failing as "netstat" command could not  be run.  

Regards,

Irfan

• I used Windows 7 Professional with administrator  privileges and run SETUP as 'administrator'.

• There is no Windows Powershell in my computer.

• Okay, as mentioned by Roy did you try to verify if your powershell version is more than 4

Regards,

Irfan

• Powershell is required for PASOE.  Can you download the latest version from Microsoft and try again?

Thanks, Roy

• Is your c:\windows\system32\ folder present in your PATH system variable?

• You need to have powershell, please install powershell version 3 or above

C:\Users\isyed>powershell

Windows PowerShell

Copyright (C) 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\Users\isyed> $PSVersionTable.PSVersion

Major  Minor  Build  Revision

-----  -----  -----  --------

3      0      -1     -1

Regards,

Irfan

• You might also want to check if your "netstat" is working correctly from your command prompt.

Regards,

Irfan