PCT (Build automation tool) repository - Forum - OpenEdge General - Progress Community

PCT (Build automation tool) repository

Forum

PCT (Build automation tool) repository

• Hi all,

Google just announced that they will be closing Google Code within a few months. As PCT documentation, issue tracker and repository were hosted there, I now mainly have 2 alternatives, GitHub and BitBucket (using Mercurial). For those of you who are working with PCT, and more importantly those who already hacked the source code, what would be your preferred hosting service ?

Gilles

• And if you don't know PCT, you can have a look at the website here

• Progress Communities SCM.

Jean was mentioning such a Service for The future.

Von meinem Windows Phone gesendet

Von: Riverside Software
    Gesendet: ‎13.‎03.‎2015 08:16
    An: TU.OE.General@community.progress.com
    Betreff: [Technical Users - OE General] PCT (Build automation tool) repository

Thread created by Riverside Software

Hi all,

Google just announced that they will be closing Google Code within a few months. As PCT documentation, issue tracker and repository were hosted there, I now mainly have 2 alternatives, GitHub and BitBucket (using Mercurial). For those of you who are working with PCT, and more importantly those who already hacked the source code, what would be your preferred hosting service ?

Gilles

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Architect of the SmartComponent Library and WinKit

Consultingwerk Ltd.

• Why not, if it provides as many services as BitBucket or GitHub... And if it stays open for more than 6 months.

• I would choose Bitbucket over github any day because:

- I can have both private and public repos for free (everything I build is in a Hg bitbucket repo but I don't want to share everything).

- I use Mercurial (because I think it's more straightforward than Git, but let's not get into religious debates)

- it looks better

- easier team management

just my 2c

• Thanks Bronco !

• +1 for mercurial, bitbucket (they also give you the option to use git btw)

communities scm... guess it makes as much sense for psc to host that as it does for google, there are other valid options out there so why bother?

• I agree with bronco

• “communities scm... guess it makes as much sense for psc to host that as it does for google, there are other valid options out there so why bother?”

Reaching the right cloud of people on a central place.

I guess it’s Jean’s call to comment on the availability on Progress Communities SCM.

Architect of the SmartComponent Library and WinKit

Consultingwerk Ltd.

• BitBucket 3 - GitHub 0

• Mike Fechner

“communities scm... guess it makes as much sense for psc to host that as it does for google, there are other valid options out there so why bother?”

Reaching the right cloud of people on a central place.

I guess that could be served with just a page with links to (external) repositories as well. This gives everybody the possibility to use their site/scm tool of choice. I agree with Marian.

• Another +1 for Bitbucket here.

• +1 for github, I agree that private repositories are a nice feature, of course, but we are talking about an open source project, github is "de facto" standard for open source projects, having lot more exposure (meaning more possible contributors) than bitbucket.

• Another +1 for github.

• +1 for Bitbucket

Simon L Prinsloo

www.vidisolve.com