Single Sign On - Forum - OpenEdge General - Progress Community
 Forum

Single Sign On

This question is not answered

Hi All,

I need to develop SSO in progress application. Can you please suggest me the proper documents that i can go through for implementing SSO in Progress OE? Can i implement Spring Security or is it possible with Authentication Gateway? Any suggestions to find the proper documents or the workshop for implementing Authentication Gateway in my web application? 

All Replies
  • Hello,

What kind of application would you like to run SSO. Are you using PASOE and would you like to use SSO with HTTP/S ?

Regards,
    Irfan

Regards,

Irfan

• If you are interested, here is a workshop script we gave on Spring Security. It should have steps on how to perform HTTP SSO.

PASOE_Spring_Workshop_Slide_Book_Revised.pdf

Regards,

Irfan

• Hello Irfan,

Thank you for your response.

I have gone through the document. Configured my application to use STS service but when i login to my application i find an error "500 - Server Error: the server could not produce a response entity due to an internal error - POST /testNew/static/auth/j_spring_security_check".

HTTP status: 500

Error detail: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError ; Could not initialize class com.progress.common.util.LibStsKey

Do you have any idea how to overcome this?

Regards,

Umanga

• noclassdeffounderror usually indicates you are missing something the class depends on.  LibStsKey needs a .dll so may be that failed to load? Sharing the root cause rather than the final problem error message would help.

• Hi Umanga,

I thought you wanted to use a HTTP SSO instead of STS. Isn't that your use-case ?

Regards,

Irfan

• HI Irfan,

I saw the materials for STS and in the mean time i tried to use STS in my application.

Do you have any white paper on how to configure LDAP and use it with HTTP SSO?

Regards,

Umanga

• In the attached document, from slide no-43 we talk about HTTP SSO.

Regards,

Irfan

• Maybe, the attachment is missing?

-bernhard

• It is attached in this post, but here is the direct link - community.progress.com/.../PASOE_5F00_Spring_5F00_Workshop_5F00_Slide_5F00_Book_5F00_Revised.pdf

Regards,

Irfan