I have created a classic REST service "MyDataObject" attached to the sports database and set it to Create a Data Object service
there is Appserver class - Customer.cls as generated by creating a Business Entity as a CRUD operation against the Customer table
I used the example "KendoUIGridCRUD.html" and added it to the static directory then modified it to point to the rest service - changed the "dataSource" to ensure the jsdo is "Customer" and also modified the serviceURI and the catalogURIs
serviceURI = "localhost:8980/.../"
// catalogURIs: "localhost:8980/.../MyDataObjectService.json"catalogURIs: "localhost:8980/.../MyDataObjectService.json"When I tyr to publish the service the "MyDataObjectService" directory is created in C:\OpenEdge\WRK\tomcat_wrkdir directory but it has no contents
Anny suggestions on what the issue could be
Thanks for this information - i did have the Service URL wrong - missing the "Service" at the end of the name "MyDataObject" - changed to "MyDataObjectService"
I did find a directory under <DLC>\servers\tomcat\webapps\MyDataObjectService but there is only a WEB-INF directory and below that and "adapters" directory and then a "logs" directory with and empty "MyDataObjectService.log" file.
I thought it would deploy to C:\Openedge/Wrk/tomcat_wrkdir\MyDataObjectService" directory
I do see files under <DLC>\servers\tomcat\pdsoe\MyDataObjectService\ including a static directory with my modified html file in it
I can run http://localhost:8980/MyDataObjectService/static/MyDataObjectService.json and see the json file but when I try the http://localhost:8980/MyDataObjectService/static/Client.html (from the example I was using) I just get a blank page and when I run http://localhost:8980/MyDataObjectService/static/ClientKendoUIGridCRUD.html i get an Error - "Error while executing addCatalog() but all of this is better than what I had yesterday
Now to figure out the new issue but it looks like it published this time to some degree - I did not hink it would be under the pdsoe directory under tomcat.
checked the catalogURI entry and was missing the service when fixed the localhost:8980/.../ClientKendoUIGridCRUD.html worked