Creating an ABL Web Application WAR file from the command line? - Forum - OpenEdge Development - Progress Community

Creating an ABL Web Application WAR file from the command line?

Forum

Creating an ABL Web Application WAR file from the command line?

This question is answered

Are there any tools available to generate a WAR file for an ABL WebApp from the command line (automating the PDS Export/ABL Web Application)?   

I have this dream of being able to have a build machine create a WAR file from a .Git repository and deploy the WAR file to an integration environment auto-magically.  

I found a KBase entry relating to generating a WAR file for a REST service (https://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/How-to-get-the-war-file-without-PDSOE), but the 'jar' utility does not appear to do what the Export/ABL Web Application does.

This would be for 11.7.2+.

Thanks,

Brian

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • ANT.  There is a copy of it shipped with openedge.  The executable has been renamed to "proant" in the $DLC/bin directory.  The trick isn't knowing how to do it, since building a war file with ant is trivial, the trick is actually in knowing what needs to go into it and where each file needs to reside.

I don't think anyone has written a public document on the content layout yet.

• does this do what you are looking for...??

riverside-software.fr/pdo.html

• Hi Brain,

PDS OE provides ant tasks to export the ABL Web App as WAR file and also .zip files. Here is link to documentation, explaining how to achieve that: documentation.progress.com/.../index.html
    You can refer to the attached the sample build.xml file for reference.

Hope this helps,
    Sanjeev

• Sanjeev,

That's exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks for the link and the sample.

Have a great day,

Brian

• Hi Brian,

Glad it’ll be of some help to you. Let me know if you need any further information regarding exporting ABL Web App via ANT.

Thanks,
    Sanjeev