Need help on IBM MQ - "Error connecting to the JMS AppServer service" - Forum - OpenEdge Development - Progress Community

Need help on IBM MQ - "Error connecting to the JMS AppServer service"

Forum

Need help on IBM MQ - "Error connecting to the JMS AppServer service"

This question is answered

Hi,

When I am connecting to websphere MQ I got this error message - "Error connecting to the JMS AppServer service".

Please find the attachments for setups and programs are used for testing the IBM MQ.

1. AdminServerPlugins.properties

2. ubroker.properties

3. Testing sample code

4. Sonimq server log.

Other than ubroker and adminserverplugin properties, do I need to any other changes or any setup is required in websphere MQ?

0601.sonicMQ1.server.log

5481.AdminServerPlugins.properties6557.ubroker.propertiesJMSWebsphereMQ.zip

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sivarami

Verified Answer
  • Hi Sivarami,

In order to connect Queue Manager no need to generate jar file from AdminObjectFinder.java, jar requires only if we are connecting remote MQ. 

Follow the below steps to connect QueueManager.

1) Provide the MQ Client jar in pluginspath and classpath under [PluginPolicy.Progress.SonicMQ] section in AdminServerPlugins.properties file

2) Start the AdminServer and SonicMQ Adapter

3) Start QueueManger from IBM MQ

4) Provide the QueueManger name in procedure to connect and run it.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Anand.

All Replies
  • Hi Sivarami,

From the logs and procedure it seems that you are using QueueManager to connect IBM MQ. If you are connecting through QueueManger both IBM MQ and OpenEdge Apdater needs to be in the same machine. If you want to connect IBM MQ remotely then we need to use JNDI mode. Could you please let us know which mode you want to use to establish the connection with IBM MQ. If you are using JNDI mode, we need to provide the location of ClientChannel file in .bindings file and provide the location of .bindings file in AdminObjectFinder.java. Once it is done need to build AdminObjectFinder.jar and place this in pluginspath and classpath under AdminServerPlugins.properties file.

Meanwhile  could you please share the following files.

1. .bindings

2. AMQCLCHL.TAB

Whenever we are using JNDI mode we need to specify the connection factory name in the procedure instead of QueueManger name.

Thanks,
    Anand.

• Hi Anand,

Thanks for your reply.

Currently I want to check with Queue manager in one machine.

I don't have .bindings and AMQCLCHL.TAB files, could you please guide me to generate .jar file from .java file and also guide me to create  .bindings and AMQCLCHL.TAB.

Thanks,

Sivarami

• Hi Sivarami,

In order to connect Queue Manager no need to generate jar file from AdminObjectFinder.java, jar requires only if we are connecting remote MQ. 

Follow the below steps to connect QueueManager.

1) Provide the MQ Client jar in pluginspath and classpath under [PluginPolicy.Progress.SonicMQ] section in AdminServerPlugins.properties file

2) Start the AdminServer and SonicMQ Adapter

3) Start QueueManger from IBM MQ

4) Provide the QueueManger name in procedure to connect and run it.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Anand.

• Hi Anand,

I have completed the steps - 1,2 and 4, but I have the issue in step 3 when I am trying to connect the queue, but I am unable to connect and I am getting the error. Please find the attached screen.

Thanks,

Sivarami

• Hi  Sivarami,

Start the "TestQueueManger" from IBM MQ Explorer and create the queue name which you are using in the procedure to send the messages. Please share the updated server log and procedure that you are using to connect.

Thanks,

Anand.

• Hi Anand,

I am unable to find the start and stop options from MQ explorer navigation menu, please check earlier attached screen for the same.I am trying to start and stop the queue manager from command prompt then I am getting the below error, but the queue managers are created successfully and we are able to see these queue managers from explorer

C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere MQ\bin>strmqm TestQueueManager

AMQ8118: WebSphere MQ queue manager does not exist.

C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere MQ\bin>endmqm TestQueueManager

AMQ8118: WebSphere MQ queue manager does not exist.

C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere MQ\bin>dspmq -o installation

C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere MQ\bin>dspmq

C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere MQ\bin>

Thanks,

Sivarami

• Hi Sivarami,

Follow the below procedure to create Queue Manager from IBM MQ Explorer.

1. Right click on Queue Managers under IBM WebSphere MQ and select New -> Queue Manger

2. Provide name of the Queue Manger. (for example: TestQueueManager)

3. Now TestQueueManger will be created and right click on that and click on 'start/stop' options.

4. Use the same QueueManger name in the procedure to connect IBM MQ.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Anand.

• Hi Anand,

Thanks, now I am able to start and stop.My trail version license is expired.

Once I run the program, I will let you know the status.

Thanks,

Sivarami

• Hi Anand,

Thanks, Now initial error was resolved and Now I am getting the below highlighted error message.

com.ibm.msg.client.jms.DetailedInvalidDestinationException: JMSWMQ2008: Failed to open MQ queue 'TestQueueManager'.
    JMS attempted to perform an MQOPEN, but WebSphere MQ reported an error.
    Use the linked exception to determine the cause of this error. Check that the specified queue and queue manager are defined correctly.

Please find the sonicmq error log and webshere MQ properties document, If I am missing anything please let me know.

sonicMQ1.server_log.txtTestQueueManager_properties.zip

Thanks,

Sivarami

• Hi Sivarami,

Could you please share complete server log and procedures that are being used to connect MQ.

Thanks,

Anand.

• Hi Anand,

Please find the attached consumer.p, complete server log and below are the debugger trace.

-> handleError jms/impl/errorhndlr.p at line 165  (C:\Progress\OpenEdge\jms\impl\errorhndlr.r)

receive jms/impl/session.p at line 2294  (C:\Progress\OpenEdge\jms\impl\session.r)

receiveFromQueue jms/impl/session.p at line 2204  (C:\Progress\OpenEdge\jms\impl\session.r)

C:\websphereMQJMS\websphereMQ\Consumer.p at line 46  (C:\websphereMQJMS\websphereMQ\Consumer.r)

Consumer.p0880.sonicMQ1.server.log

Thanks,

Sivarami

• Hi Sivarami,

Thank you for sharing the files.

By looking at the logs seems that initially you had problem in establishing the connection with queue manger. The reason for this is and from previous conversion it seems that two queue managers SampleQMgr and TestQueueManger are using 1414 port, stop/delete any one of the queue manager. It resolves the problem in establishing the connection. Need to create queue name which is being used in the producer/consumer procedure . You are using "TestQueueManager" as queue name in the consumer that needs to be created.

Thanks,
    Anand.

• Hi Anand,

Thank you for correction.

I have deleted other queue SampleQMgr and currently I have only one queue - TestQueueManger. I have restarted the websphere MQ  explorer also, still i have the same problem.

Thanks,

Sivarami

• Hi Sivarami,

Create the queue name which is being used in the procedure. Please share the fresh server log file.

Thanks,

Anand.

• Hi Anand,

I am using the same queue name in the procedure, still I have the same issue.Please find the attached server log.

Thanks,

6507.sonicMQ1.server.logSivarami