Digital signature for SOAP request - Forum - OpenEdge Development - Progress Community

Digital signature for SOAP request

Forum

Digital signature for SOAP request

This question is answered

Hello Everyone,

We are trying to make a SOAP web service call. To make the web service call the SOAP web service request needs to be digitally signed. The signature method algorithm is "xmldsig#rsa-sha1". Is there any native way in progress to sign the web service request ?

OE Version : 11.4.

Thanks in advance

Rohan K.

Verified Answer
  • Sorry, not a native solution but we use OPENSSL through an os-command for this:

openssl.exe dgst -sha1 -sign "certificateFile" -passin pass:certificatePassword  -out "sha1File"  "fileToSign" 2> "erroutputFile"

If you need more information let me know.

All Replies
  • Sorry, not a native solution but we use OPENSSL through an os-command for this:

openssl.exe dgst -sha1 -sign "certificateFile" -passin pass:certificatePassword  -out "sha1File"  "fileToSign" 2> "erroutputFile"

If you need more information let me know.

• Hi Rohan,

It's my understanding that Progress has no native support for the RSA encryption algorithm.

See below link for more information/options. Personally I'm also using OpenSSL in much the same method as fvanleeu.

knowledgebase.progress.com/.../P176068

• Correct, Progress OpenEdge does not support public/private key encryption in the ABL language.

FYI:  The DLC/bin/sslc utility IS the OpenSSL utility but under a different file name for historical purposes.   It is guaranteed to be the same version as that shipped with the OpenEdge release, and it is always there.

Mike Jacobs.

• Thanks Michael, DLC/bin/sslc is good to know. I'll look into making use of it instead of relying on OpenSSL installs.

• Thank you everyone for your response, will explore OpenSSL for digital signature of SOAP web service request.