What's your favorite missing editor feature? - Forum - OpenEdge Development - Progress Community

What's your favorite missing editor feature?

Forum

What's your favorite missing editor feature?

• Hi Peter,

thanks for the advice. As written, I have this problem mostly with AppBuilder generated code. No way, that I move all that to OO :-)

Mike

• /*----

-

*/

• OK, another one. How about different indents for block indentation and within statement indentation (prior line does not end with period or colon).

Consulting in Model-Based Development, Transformation, and Object-Oriented Best Practice  http://www.cintegrity.com

• Nice. But then it should be up to the developer to make the decision if the statement indention would be afixed amoung of characters/columns or be dependent on the statement (ASSIGN and FIND with different indentation)...

Are we awake yet or still dreaming?

• My standards wouldn't require that level of customization ... and it seems a bit much. But, the simple dichotomy seems simple enough.

Consulting in Model-Based Development, Transformation, and Object-Oriented Best Practice  http://www.cintegrity.com

• We are using UltraEdit, and when I do a search I have an option "List lines containing". It gives me a browse containing the lines containing the term I searched for and when I click a line in the browse the cursor will go to that line in the code. I know this can be done via Search/Search (CTRL-H), but that searches too much files, I would like this only on the file I am working on (CTRL-F).

• One possible alternative is to use the menu Search -> Text -> File, which will limit the search to the current file in the editor. In the column on the right of the editor, you'll see the little (hyperlink) boxes showing all the places that the string occurs in the file.

• Thanks, added a shortkey to that and that'll do the trick for now, but it doesn't show the complete line, the context of the searched term.