The COLOSSAL_PAIN_IN_MY WebSpeed error from messenger process (6019) - Forum - OpenEdge Development - Progress Community

The COLOSSAL_PAIN_IN_MY WebSpeed error from messenger process (6019)

Forum

The COLOSSAL_PAIN_IN_MY WebSpeed error from messenger process (6019)

• WebSpeed error from messenger process (6019)

where is the patch to fix this ?

Progress 11.3

IIS : IIS7

ASP : Unknown (the installed by default with by Visual Studio update 4)

Do I need change the framework every time I need the the webspeeed server?  

Windows 7 refused  the "add feature"  ASP/ .net/CGI setting

and here is when the game begin repeating the error~: "go and  add the feeeeature" or whatever the message is (dont remember ) , but the feature can't be added, replays window.

I have tried not 64 : 3664 possible bogus solutions and 2 days in google and after all that the progress page saying contact your server administrator.

the error is pretty simple :  

WebSpeed error from messenger process (6019)

Msngr: Failed to connect to the specified WebSpeed named service. Verify that the service has been started. Verify the configuration for the service is correct. (5804): Error -65

under OS : Win7 with IIS7 , Progress 11.3, Visual S5tudio community 2013  (4 upgrade) 

that's all

•  
    Ramon,

A quick search of the knowledgebase shows 64 possible reasons for this error to be generated.

I strongly recommend that you gather whatever information you have (log files, details as to when / with what program(s) it happens, etc) and open a call with Tech Support.

Sincerely, Brian Maher

• Ø  where is the patch to fix this ?

In providing some meaningful details of your configuration rather than just stating the final outcome.
    That would be a good start.

Otherwise as Brian pointed out, there are plenty of articles on this error in the KB, you can check them one by one and see which one matches your undisclosed configuration.

Sent: Thursday, July 2, 2015 3:37 PM
    To: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
    Subject: [Technical Users - OE Development] The COLOSSAL_PAIN_IN_MY WebSpeed error from messenger process (6019)

Thread created by Ramon

WebSpeed error from messenger process (6019)

where is the patch to fix this ?

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

• the problem occurs when I want to go here ==> http://localhost/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=hend/xlogin.w

HTTP 404 error sometimes and sometimes the error is WebSpeed error from messenger process (6019)

Msngr: Failed to connect to the specified WebSpeed named service. Verify that the service has been started. Verify the configuration for the service is correct. (5804): Error -65

the operative system is WIN 7 , the progress is the version 11.3 the IIS is version 7

I have stopped working from yesterday , all because of the problem above

• the problem occurs when I want to go here ==> http://localhost/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=hend/xlogin.w

HTTP 404 error sometimes and sometimes the error is WebSpeed error from messenger process (6019)

the operative system is WIN 7 , the progress is the version 11.3 the IIS is version 7

I have stopped working from yesterday , all because of the problem above

• what other meaningful detail? can you say an example please ?

• There is no solution , Progress dind't found any solution to this

•  
    Ramon,

Please provide the case number for the support case you raised with Tech Support.

Brian

• Can you kindly send the links to get a ticket for this issue , please : your website is very difficult and complex

• Is very difficult to find the place in your web to raise a ticket , where is that ?

• > I have stopped working from yesterday , all because of the problem above

So it was working yesterday I take it. What has changed ? (on the OS, on the config ….)

> What other meaningful detail? can you say an example please ?

What is your setup like ? All in one machine, including messenger and the webspeed broker or distributed ? Firewall or antivirus with firewall present ?

•  
    Ramon,

If you are logged into the communities site /and/ you have a valid maintenance contract then there should be a button on the thread for you to send the entire thread to support as a new support case.

However, in your previous response you stated "There is no solution , Progress dind't found any solution to this".  This statement is pretty explicit that you have worked with us as some point on this problem.  If you worked with Tech Support then you should have a case number (it gets automatically sent to you via email).  If you didn't work with Tech Support, who did you work with?

Brian

•  
    Ramon,

>> Is very difficult to find the place in your web to raise a ticket , where is that ?

I recommend going to https://www.progress.com/support and clicking on either the light green icon (2nd from the right) which states "Log/Update a Support Request" or the dark green icon (last one on the right) which states "Call Support".

Brian

• Answ: Yesterday was the first time I need to get into that link , and found the problem for first time.

Answ: When I state no solution , is because I read your post : refer to you serve administrator if you got this problem , which indicate me that nobody have an idea about this.

In win 7 is not possible add the ASP and .net version that IIS7 is requesting.

Ramon    

•  

Ramon,

>> In win 7 is not possible add the ASP and .net version that IIS7 is requesting.

What are the ASP and .NET versions that IIS7 is requesting?

Ramon