ABLunit with ant on jenkins not working - Forum - OpenEdge Development - Progress Community

ABLunit with ant on jenkins not working

Forum

ABLunit with ant on jenkins not working

This question is answered

Hi Folks,

I have a project on Jenkins to execute ablunit test suite but it is throwing below error-

"C:\workspace\ABLUnit\build.xml:1788: typede calss com.phenix.pct.ABLUnit cannot be found."

This error I am getting only when I run from Jenkins, the same build.xml runs perfectly fine when I run from my local or bat file. I have Jenkins to install on another server and it seems ant pct version is not updated there.

Is anyone have any idea??

Thanks,

Ankit

Verified Answer
  • PCT is probably not installed on your server, or not correctly referenced from your Ant command line in Jenkins

All Replies
  • PCT is probably not installed on your server, or not correctly referenced from your Ant command line in Jenkins

• Yes, PCT version was not updated on jenkins server, after updating it to my local version it seems to be work now but facing another issue. I am getting below error-

** unknown Field or Variable name - assert. (201)

I have changed reference of ABLUnit as below

Old: classname="com.progress.openedge.ant.ablunit.ablunittask" and classpath="ant-ablunit.jar" to

New: classname="com.phenix.pct.ABLUnit" and classpath="${env.PCT_HOME}/lib/PCT.jar"

It seems like it is unable to find ablunit library files. Can you please suggest what I am missing.

• Yes, PCT version was not updated on jenkins server, after updating it to my local version it seems to be work now but facing another issue. I am getting below error-

** unknown Field or Variable name - assert. (201)

I have changed reference of ABLUnit as below

Old: classname="com.progress.openedge.ant.ablunit.ablunittask" and classpath="ant-ablunit.jar" to

New: classname="com.phenix.pct.ABLUnit" and classpath="${env.PCT_HOME}/lib/PCT.jar"

It seems like it is unable to find ablunit library files. Can you please suggest what I am missing.

• - pct.jar should be in you lib folder of the Ant install you're using.

- OpenEdge.Core.pl should be in your PROPATH, this has the Assert class.

• Does it support on Unix?

• How is your jenkins Ant config? The environment variable ANT_HOME should point to an identical ANT_HOME instalment used in your bat file

• This is working on windows but not in unix(may be my Jenkins server does not have complete configuration). I only need to run this on windows so it is working fine. Thank you all for your comments.