Evolution (or the lack thereof) and future of the OpenEdge ABL - Forum - OpenEdge Development - Progress Community

Evolution (or the lack thereof) and future of the OpenEdge ABL

Forum

Evolution (or the lack thereof) and future of the OpenEdge ABL

•  Hahaha. More toys for boys!

• Much agreed Gus.

> One might argue they have made things worse, but that is a topic for another day.

I would appreciate some argumentation here (links are perfect) as many members seem to love making everything more complex / less maintainable.

I love refactoring macho code (made with toys for boys) and half work, but would rather build some more new things. :-)

• A mass of ideas www.youtube.com/watch

Domain driven design, FP vs  OO and typesystems. Use them to your benefit.

• : perhaps that’s making the discussion a bit to broad...

•  I would like to cut it down and reject monstertrucks. Also: a plaster upon a plaster does not help much in healing the wound - also read the famous paper "out of the tarpit" http://curtclifton.net/papers/MoseleyMarks06a.pdf for a "potential complexity-minimizing approach", the paper is a reaction on the book "Mythical man month" by turing award winner Fred Brooks who talks about "Software like a tar pit: The more you fight it, the deeper you sink!" (know your classics!) -.

Psc could take the role of thoughtleader instead of follower of a couple of loud voices here. But it has chosen a third way, understandably.