ZEBRA SCANNER SDK FOR WINDOWS - Forum - OpenEdge Development - Progress Community
 Forum

ZEBRA SCANNER SDK FOR WINDOWS

• Who  has experience with the ZEBRA SCANNER SDK FOR WINDOWS (Motorola/Symbol).

With kind regards,

Peter Wokke

• I personally have not seen any OpenEdge applications using Zebra Scanner SDK for Windows (meaning, I haven't dealt with any customer bugs/issues related to it).

• No idea if any of them are of use but there are a number of threads on progress talk about zebra printers...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site:progresstalk.com+zebra&gws_rd=cr&ei=7xeLVfuOIMjTU4z5lNAP

James Palmer | Application Developer
    Tel: 01253 785103

Sent: ‎24/‎06/‎2015 20:46
    To: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
    Subject: RE: [Technical Users - OE Development] ZEBRA SCANNER SDK FOR WINDOWS

Reply by Garry Hall

I personally have not seen any OpenEdge applications using Zebra Scanner SDK for Windows (meaning, I haven't dealt with any customer bugs/issues related to it).

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

This email has been scanned for email related threats and delivered safely by Mimecast.
    For more information please visit http://www.mimecast.com
  • You might get a more meaningful answer if we knew what you wanted.  Clearly Zebra printers have been used in many OpenEdge sites.  Do you have a specific question or are you just looking for assurance that it is possible?

Consulting in Model-Based Development, Transformation, and Object-Oriented Best Practice  http://www.cintegrity.com

• I use lots of motorola scanners, and zebra printer for the matter, but on windows and emulation mode... never had other use case... Once I wanted to back feed the user of the scanner, but hadn't info about it....and never needed it anymore....  Indeed, perhaps you should state more clearly  your use case.

• I have to monitor a process street for grading and bunching flowers. At the time 4 different processes are running each 3 to 6 different stem length sizes. At the end of the line to output need to be counted and directed into different parcels for shipment later that day. With barcode readers I could count and display parcel direction for packaging and box labeling for dispatch.

On the control session 1 to more readers need to be connected to provide for each reader the bunch destination for packaging.

This is global the process. How can I connect different com port scan devices to one session each handling its own instruction sub-screen for parcel destination and instruction.

We are used to work with a com port listener only this is 34bit dll which I cannot use anymore in a 64bit client.

Zebra delivers a SDK for Zebra scanners. it looks like it can detect more then one scanner so for each I could create a communication sub-screen. To instruct the holder of the scanner where to deliver each scanned item.

This is the challenge I encounter.

Regards,

Peter.