Sample program: Access OpenEdge backend using the JSDO from the Grid component in Kendo UI for Angular - Documents - Mobile - Progress Community

Sample program: Access OpenEdge backend using the JSDO from the Grid component in Kendo UI for Angular

This sample project shows how to access the OpenEdge backend using the JSDO from the Kendo UI Grid component in Kendo UI for Angular.

This project was created using the instructions for the angular-quickstart project and the Kendo UI for Angular Getting Started.
The app.component.ts is based on the Data Binding example for the Grid component.

The project uses a sample TypeScript declaration file for the JSDO.

Steps to run:

1. Unzip kendo-angular-grid-jsdo.zip to your developer folder.
  2. Run "npm install" to install the NPM modules and the typings for the project.
  3. Run "npm start" to build and open the sample in a web browser.

Notes:

• Requirements (version used is included in paretheses):
    • Node.js (v6.11.1)
    • NPM (5.3.0)
    • TypeScript (2.1.5)

• To access the Kendo UI for Angular components, you need an active trial or commercial license for Kendo UI. See details in the Getting Started document.

Related Links:

Comments
  • Sample program: Access OpenEdge backend using the JSDO from the Grid component in Kendo UI for Angular

As of 4 Aug 2017 I can not get this to work. Am getting errors from npm for progress and kendo packages.I have tried updating npm and node to latest but no difference.

registry.npmjs.org/.../kendo-angular-buttons or registry.npmjs.org/.../kendo-angular-buttons return nothing.

Is progress pakage published? Is there a Kendo Angular Plunkr that is configured for jsdo?

• Sample program: Access OpenEdge backend using the JSDO from the Grid component in Kendo UI for Angular

Hello,

Thank you for reporting the issue.

I have updated the sample to use the latest Kendo UI for Angular and the modules from npmjs.

The modules are published. Please notice that the name would be "@progress/kendo-angular-buttons".

Example: www.npmjs.com/.../kendo-angular-buttons

A Plunkr with Kendo UI for Angular and the JSDO is not available. However, you should be able to use the code from the updated sample in a Plunkr.

Thank you and regards.

Thanks, it installs and starts now. I will try and make a more exciting sample, similar to the JSDO Example016 js that Progress used to have with a grid and chart using a Get for grid and invoke for chart. Unless anybody has already done so....

Thanks again