This is a question relating to the document "A Sexy UI for Progress OpenEdge using JSDO and Kendo UI".
I've run through the steps it describes using OE 11.6.1 on Win7 and everything works.
I've noticed that after compiling/configuring AdvCustomer.cls and AdvCustomer.i into the PASOE, when I...
1. Start the PASOE and enter the following in a Chrome browser localhost:8810/.../Customer I get the first Customer record listed in the browser.
2. Next enter localhost:8810/.../Customer < 15"} I get the first 14 Customer records listed in the browser.
3. Now re-enter localhost:8810/.../Customer I get all Customer records listed in the browser.
Can anyone explain...- Why 1 and 3 give different results? and- What can be done to make the PASOE give a consistent response to 1 and 3?
The behavior that you are seeing happens because in the sample code, the seq field is not set.
Please update the AdvCustomer.i and AdvCustomer.cls with the code changes listed in the documentation:
In particular, take a look at the following items:
- The field definition should include INITIAL ?:
FIELD seq AS INTEGER INITIAL ?
- The ReadCustomer method should have a call to SET-CALLBACK:
BUFFER ttCustomer:SET-CALLBACK ("AFTER-ROW-FILL", "AddIdField").
I hope this helps,
Yes that helped.
Thanks very much!