Multiple Query String Parameters in REST service - Forum - Mobile - Progress Community

Multiple Query String Parameters in REST service

Forum

Multiple Query String Parameters in REST service

This question is answered

OE 11.5.1 on Linux, Tomcat 7

I am having an issue with multiple parameters passed as part of the URL to my REST service.

If I pass: 

filter=SessionID=xdjjkeAQthkcbcKd%7C%7CtOV0_j0rJX_gH7n5n2X~G~lR3x%406S~bO&SiteCode=10 or filter=xdjjkeAQthkcbcKd%7C%7CtOV0_j0rJX_gH7n5n2X~G~lR3x%406S~bO&SiteCode=10 or filter=xdjjkeAQthkcbcKd%7C%7CtOV0_j0rJX_gH7n5n2X~G~lR3x%406S~bO&10

then the parameter after the & gets ignored. There is only 1 input parameter in the method of the class because I cannot define multiple parameters on the Query String in the REST Resource URI editor. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Verified Answer
  • What's your issue with multiple parametres for a REST resource?

Works fine for me (at least on Windows). 

to my understanding, the REST Adapter wants to parse query string parameters and so the & if not masked ends one parameter and starts another one. 

But you could also pass the "Complete URL" as a mapped parameter and pass that to the ABL method as a Character input parameter.

Architect of the SmartComponent Library and WinKit

Consultingwerk Ltd.

All Replies
  • What's your issue with multiple parametres for a REST resource?

Works fine for me (at least on Windows). 

to my understanding, the REST Adapter wants to parse query string parameters and so the & if not masked ends one parameter and starts another one. 

But you could also pass the "Complete URL" as a mapped parameter and pass that to the ABL method as a Character input parameter.

Architect of the SmartComponent Library and WinKit

Consultingwerk Ltd.

• Thanks Mike!!

You picture showed me where I was going wrong (not defining the parameters on the left side when adding the resource).

Thanks again!!