Can't upload iOS developer certificate to MAB - Forum - Mobile - Progress Community

Can't upload iOS developer certificate to MAB

Forum

Can't upload iOS developer certificate to MAB

This question is answered

I am trying to deploy my app to a real device for the first time.  I try to upload the developer certificate, but I get the error message 'It seems uploaded file "ios_development.cer" has bad extension' and the file is not uploaded.  Do I just need to change the name (if so, to what?) or am I doing something else wrong?

Thanks

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hi,

We need to provide ‘.p12’ file as the input file for the certificate file under ‘Appsettings’ section in Mobile App Builder.

Following are the set of fields that are required for building an iOS (.IPA) file from Mobile App Builder.

Bundle ID                            :              com.<organization name>.<Application Name>
    Label                                     :              <Application Name>
    Certificate file                    :             <cert>.p12
    Certificate Password      :              <password>
    Provisioning profile file  :             <provfile>.mobileprovision

Thanks and Regards,
    Anil Kumar.

From: johncat [mailto:bounce-johncat@community.progress.com]
    Sent: Monday, September 08, 2014 4:50 PM
    To: TU.Mobile@community.progress.com
    Subject: [Technical Users - Mobile] Can't upload iOS developer certificate to MAB

Thread created by johncat

I am trying to deploy my app to a real device for the first time.  I try to upload the developer certificate, but I get the error message 'It seems uploaded file "ios_development.cer" has bad extension' and the file is not uploaded.  Do I just need to change the name (if so, to what?) or am I doing something else wrong?

Thanks

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

• Hello,

You need to a p12 file.

You can get the p12 file by importing the certificate into the Keychain Access application on a Mac and then exporting the certificate as a p12 file. At this time you would specify a password.

The following links have information on this process:

help.adobe.com/.../WS144092a96ffef7cc-371badff126abc17b1f-7fff.html

support.magplus.com/.../20822178-iOS-Create-your-Distribution-Certificate-and-p12-file

I hope this helps.

• Thanks, that's what I was missing.  I was just trying to upload the cert I'd downloaded from iOS Developer Centre.

Regards,

John

• You can also create a p12 file in windows. The following is a link to a you tube video that demonstrates how to do this.

www.youtube.com/watch