Prior to the latest update when you export to IPA you could scan the barcode on your screen and it would install the app on your device. This no longer appears to be working. Is this still supported?
We checked it during our sanity testing and it worked fine.
Could you add more details? You can't install the app after downloading or you can't download it or you do not see the QR code?
Please also clarify on which environment it does not work for you: appdesigner or mobile.rollbase.com?
The QR code was displayed. When clicking on it I would get the error unable to connect to appdesigner.rollbase.com.
This was on my iphone as well as trying it on an ipod touch. Now, 15 minutes after reporting this it started working. I am wondering if maybe I had some sort of ISP issue as I was also having issue with my device registering with the PNS.
I do have another question. When I loaded my ap in MAB yesterday it said I needed to update it by importing a template. After doing that my apps no longer work. I am starting to troubleshoot now but do you have any ideas as to what this might be?
I am guessing that you applied the Progress_UpdateToLatest template.
Did you apply any other template?
When do you see the errors?
When running the project?
this post as spam/abuse.
Do you log in at some point and later log out? (that second error looks like the same one you described in the PNS thread, and that was a result of trying to log out). Do you know that the login succeeded?
The issue with cError is a bug as Wayne pointed out.
The error about 'split' in mobileframe.js is happening in the Mobile Preview (Mobile Emulator) page.
The code tries to get a value from ".size_switch.active" and fails.
You could try the option "View withou Frame" to run the app without Mobile Preview as a way to troubleshoot the issue.
I spent some time with edsel and we are calling logout in a page show event of our home page. This was causing the problem with our pages not to load...not sure why not before the latest update. I removed that and now my pages show and I am good.
You asked "Do you know that the login succeeded?". Is there a way to determine if we are currently logged in? I mean besides storing something in local storage after a successful login. I thought I could use the connected property of the session object but when I reference that I get not defined.
The most reliable way of knowing whether a session object is logged in is to check its loginResult property. If it's 1 (aka progress.data.Session.LOGIN_SUCCESS), it's logged in. If it's anything else, it isn't. It may be null, meaning there has been no attempt to log in with that Session object, or that it had logged in and is now logged out, or it may be an error code if a login attempt failed. Be aware that loginResult is a property of the underlying progress.data.Session object, not directly of any of the SessionService_Xxxxx services. To check it, you would need to access it off of the pdsession property of the SessionService_Session service :
if (SessionService_Session.pdsession.loginResult === 1)
(SessionService_Session is the default name for a Session service in a MAB app; if you renamed yours or created it yourself, it may be different. Don't bother to check the SessionService_Login or SessionService_Logout services, you need to check SessionService_Session -- however, you can do that from anywhere, including in handlers for events of the other Session services.
Thanks for the info...edsel emailed me similar info as well. I added referencing loginResult before calling logout and that has solved my issue. My apps are now functional.
Thanks for the help.