I was previously getting uid issues when trying to copy source local so I recreated the project from the back up. I have done this before and its worked fine. Now this time any new service I add will not fire yet the old services work fine.
Has anyone got a solution for me?
- I was previously getting uid issues when trying to copy source local
> Do you mean you were using "copy to source local" option from Prgoress developer Studio for OpenEdge, against an existing mobile project in the Mobile App Builder?
> Which version of OpenEdge developer Studio are you using?
- I recreated the project from the back up.
> Please describe the steps you have followed to re-create the project from the backup.
> Are you referring to the Mobile AppBuilder project or the related Progress Developer Studio project?
- any new service I add will not fire yet the old services work fine.
Do you know if the requests reach the AppServer? Do you have any error message (AppServer log, restmgr1 log)?
Is the JSDO catalog updated properly?
Yes, I was using "copy to source local" option from Prgoress developer Studio.
I have version 11.3 of OE Developer.
When creating the project from the backup, I opened the OE developer studio. clicked file>New>OpenEdge Project, then I followed the steps. When it got to creating the mobile app on the OE developer side, I used the backup of my project from the App builder side to create the App.
no messages are writing to the app server log and when i run the debugger on google chrome the service is not being called.
The JSDO catalog is being updated the way i usually update it.
Do you have any ideas on what I can do to resolve my issue?
The UID Problems could be because of one of the following:
1) The Mobile App was deleted in Mobile App Builder (mobile.progress.com) and it still has reference to mobile app from PDS OE. If this is the case restarting the PDS OE will remove the respective mobile app from the Mobile Project in Developer Studio workspace.
2) Performing 'Copy Source Local' operation with another user credentials in the Preferences page (Window -> Preferences -> Progress OpenEdge -> Mobile App Builder)
>> 'Now this time any new service I add will not fire yet the old services work fine.'
If I understand this correctly, you have created a new Mobile Service (instead of adding a new resource for the existing mobile service) , deployed the same to OE Web Server, Imported the JSON file into Mobile App Builder for JSDO services creation and when accessing/invoking the service from Mobile emulator/client respective service is not being triggered.
- Can you please check whether the business logic of the new service is deployed properly to OpenEdge Appserver (restbroker1)
- If this is deployed properly can you check the appserver logs in the working directory.
Thanks and Regards,
I have performed options one and two. still nothing. The service has been deployed correctly, it is the same way I have deployed all my other services. I have checked the logs, I have even put messages in and they are not displaying.
As per my understanding you are deleting the service at the PDS OE side and creating a new service with the former name instead of the new name.
- Can you delete the JSDO Services at the Mobile App Builder side and re-import the newly created JSON file from PDS OE.
- Also, can you please check for the Mobile Service(s) accessibility through generic clients (say REST Client or Postman). Do you observe the same behavior i.e., no messages in Appserver log file with generic REST client and from Mobile Emulator?
We have observed some issues in OE-Mobile when the signatures of the method are changes at the business logic, regenerating Mobile Service (JSON file) and importing the updated JSON file do not update JSDO Services at the Mobile App Builder side. We need to delete the JSDO services at Mobile App Builder side and recreate (by importing) the same
Hope this helps.
I have previously deleted the service on the app builder side as well as the appserver side and recreated the service. It still refuses to fire and no error messages are being displayed.
I checked the mobile service through postman and it works perfectly there.
As we have discussed in the meeting the problem was with the events invocation in the Mobile App Builder. In your application, you are trying to invoke a READ service when there is change in the input value (clock value). However, the event happened to be on the label which is available underneath instead of actual input text field. When we add a respective event by selecting the input field it worked fine i.e., respective READ service got invoked.