Is SSL a valid value for the connection parameter AuthenticationMethod? - Forum - DataDirect Connect - Progress Community

Is SSL a valid value for the connection parameter AuthenticationMethod?

Forum

Is SSL a valid value for the connection parameter AuthenticationMethod?

This question is not answered

According to our documentation of Oracle JDBC Driver, SSL is not a valid value for the connection parameter AuthenticationMethod:  http://media.datadirect.com/download/docs/jdbc/alljdbc/help.html#page/jdbcconnect%2FAuthenticationMethod_2.html%23wwID0EWBIS

But in one of my case, where I worked with  QA engineer Kiran to  get a connection string for connecting to Oracle 12c using Oracle Wallet (.p12 file). And the connection string was the following:

jdbc:datadirect:oracle:TNSServerName=<server name from the tnsnames.ora file>;TNSNamesFile=<location of tnsnames.ora>;ConnectionRetryCount=0;EncryptionMethod=ssl;AuthenticationMethod=SSL;keystore=<location of keystore wallet file>;keystorePassword=<password used>;truststore=<location of truststore wallet file>;truststorepassword=<password used> 

According to Kiran, SSL is a valid value for the connection parameter  AuthenticationMethod  in the latest Oracle JDBC driver. But he was not sure where exactly it was fixed.  I did not find any defect on that or any knowledge base articles on that.

Let me know whether that is true or not. And if it is true, in what version of Oracle JDBC driver, this has been fixed.

Depending on that answer, I need to create a knowledge base article and create a document defect to add that to our documentation.

All Replies
  • Hi Pranab,

This setting is documented in the readme under "Oracle Wallet SSL Authentication." This functionality will be picked up in the User's Guide the next time it is refreshed.

The readme is located here:

media.datadirect.com/.../jdbcread.htm

Thanks,

Marshal

• Thanks for the quick response, Marshall