Unable to connect to Progress On-Premise from the Data Direct Cloud - Forum - DataDirect Cloud - Progress Community

Unable to connect to Progress On-Premise from the Data Direct Cloud

Forum

Unable to connect to Progress On-Premise from the Data Direct Cloud

• We have a working connection from our Data Direct Cloud evaluation instance to a server running the Progress On-Premise driver that has suddenly stopped working.  The error we receive attempting to test our Data Source in the Data Direct Cloud is:

[d2c][JDBC Cloud driver][OpenEdge]Communication failure. Unexpected HTTP status code: 400 Bad Request - Failure sending SNS message to notification server

Anyone have any idea where to start looking for the cause of this error?  I've bounced the internal windows server the On Premise driver is running on as well as started and stopped the On Premise "services".  I do not see any indication of a connection in the On Premise logs so it appears this error is indicating the server is unreachable or an error happening in the Data Direct Cloud.  I don't know what port the On Premise driver is listening but I can, externally, get to the server on port 80, 3389, 443, etc (it's actually open on all ports).  Thanks!

• Hi Jeff,

We are looking into this issue.

Regards,

Rashmi

• Hi Jeff,

Is this working for you now or are you still getting the same error?

Regards,

Rashmi

• The issue persists.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the On-Premise driver just in case, updated my ID and it still doesn't connect but now I get:

Your request has been timed out, could you try after some time

• I just tried again and get this:

Test connection failed, pelase try again later.

• When you reinstalled the On-Premise driver, did you make sure to update the Connector ID in your data source definition for the OpenEdge on-premise data source?  We don't see that your on-premise connector is registered for use with DataDirect cloud.

Have you confirmed that the services used by the On-Premise Connector are running?  If so, are there any errors in the log files located at C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Progress\DDCloudOpAcc?

• Yes I did change the ID and the new ID is:

0e5d91d1-77ac-4733-9e44-28335f71a14b

Now it seems to be working.  Anything change on your end?  I've not changed anything and it hasn't work this morning until just now.  I understand it say Beta but just would like to know.  Thanks!

• We worked to resolve the issue that was originally reported "[d2c][JDBC Cloud driver][OpenEdge]Communication failure. Unexpected HTTP status code: 400 Bad Request - Failure sending SNS message to notification server".

As for the access issues, we see that you have tried to access two Data Sources in DataDirect Cloud.  The first data source is called TestDDC2 and that one is failing to connect.  It is using a different Connector ID from the one you have listed here.  

We see successful connections to a data source called DMSiDevel11 using the Connector ID that you have listed.  

I hope this helps explain the behavior that you are seeing.

• Yes, the DMSiDevel11 data source is working just now battling the pub. issue with Progress tables and Rollbase.  Thanks!