How to import data to Oracle service cloud tables? - Forum - DataDirect Cloud - Progress Community

How to import data to Oracle service cloud tables?

Forum

How to import data to Oracle service cloud tables?

• Hi,

I am able to extract tables from oracle service cloud but if I want to add new data and also automate this importing process, how do I do it?

• Hi Karthik,

Can you give us some mnore details about how you are extracting tables and want to insert data? Are you using ODBC or JDBC? Which application are you using? Do you receive any errors?

Thanks,

Hans
  • I am using Qlikview to extract the tables. I am using both ODBC and JDBC drivers. After extracting and modifying data in Qlikview , I want to upload the data onto service cloud. How do I automate the last part of uploading?

• Hi Karthik,

This might be something that you can also check on a Qlikview forum? On:

community.qlik.com/.../123597

, I read for example (for Oracle, not Oracle Service Cloud):

"QlikView is designed for BI / Data Discovery as in reading, transforming and visualizing data, but NOT writing data. There are ways to frig write back, but be really careful."

Others on this forum might still have some idea.

regards,

Hans

• I am not looking for qlikview to do the upload task.

Is it possible for the progress driver to upload data back into service cloud?

• Hi Karthik,

Do you mean you want to select data first from your Oracle Service Cloud using Qlikview, next change the result set and then import it again? Or just that you need an application to add data in Oracle Service Cloud?

Thanks,

Hans

• I need an application to add data in oracle service cloud

• Hi Karthik,

As JDBC application, DataDirect only delivers DataDirect Test for JDBC, see:

documentation.progress.com/.../index.html

(This tool can be found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Progress\DataDirect\Cloud_for_JDBC\testforjdbc directory)

As ODBC test application, we use Microsoft's ODBC Test, see:

documentation.progress.com/.../index.html

(This tool can be downloaded from www.progress.com/.../download-tools)

Kind regards,

Hans

• Can I add data with these tools? Yes or no?

• Hello Karthik,

I have sent you an email and hope to speak with you today to understand more information around your question.

• Hi Brent,
                 I am not available today but can speak with you on Friday at 11 AM if it suits you.

Regards,
    Karthik Mungi

• Hello,

Please can you reply to the email I sent you and confirm that the number I have is the correct number.

Thanks,

Brent