Getting Error [d2c][JDBC Cloud driver][Oracle]SSL handshake failed: Remote host closed connection during handshake - Forum - DataDirect Cloud - Progress Community

Getting Error [d2c][JDBC Cloud driver][Oracle]SSL handshake failed: Remote host closed connection during handshake

Forum

Getting Error [d2c][JDBC Cloud driver][Oracle]SSL handshake failed: Remote host closed connection during handshake

• Hi All,

I have created an Oracle Database on Amazon RDS. Now I am trying to setup a Data Source in Progress DataDirect Cloud. When I am specifying all the details on the Data source page in Progress Data Direct Cloud and clicking on 'Test Connection' button, I am getting the following error

[d2c][JDBC Cloud driver][Oracle]SSL handshake failed: Remote host closed connection during handshake

I am able to connect to this Oracle Database from another client, so I don't think there is any problem with the setup on the Amazon side.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ashish

• Hi Ashish, Is this issue specific to the oracle database on Amazon RDS or do you see the same error when you try to establish a SSL connection with other Oracle databases as well? Regards, Neelima
  • Hi Neelima, I have experienced the same problem with Oracle Databases installed on an on-premise system a few months back. Is there a way to resolve this for Amazon RDS?

• Is SSL encryption enabled on the Oracle database instance?  Normally DataDirect Cloud will use SSL when communicating with Cloud data sources.  This is because the data is being transported over the public internet.  If SSL is enabled, what port is configured in the Oracle data source in DataDirect Cloud.  Is should be the SSL port.  The default SSL port on Oracle instances configured for SSL is 2484.  You can determine whether SSL is enabled and on what port for your AWS RDS instance by looking at the details for the option group assigned to the Oracle instance.

If the Oracle instance is not configured for SSL, you can configure DataDirect Cloud to not use SSL when connecting to the instance.  NOTE, disabling SSL for Cloud data sources is highly discouraged and should only be done for a test database that contains data that you don't care is sent in clear text over the public internet.

To Connect to an Oracle instance without SSL set the port to 1521 and then on the advanced tab specify the following for the value of the ExtendedOptions connection option

encryptionMethod=noEncryption