Data Direct Cloud originating IP adress range - Forum - DataDirect Cloud - Progress Community

Data Direct Cloud originating IP adress range

Forum

Data Direct Cloud originating IP adress range

This question is answered

Hi, 

I have a question similar to this one: https://community.progress.com/community_groups/datadirect_cloud/f/15/p/8654/33118#33118

Where I would like to open up my MySQL db firewall to accept connections from the IP address of DataDirectCloud. Could you share these with me? PM is fine!

Thanks,

Michael

Verified Answer
  • I have requested that our support team email you this info.  Let me know if you do not receive it.

All Replies
  • I have requested that our support team email you this info.  Let me know if you do not receive it.

• Hi Mark, thanks for getting back so quickly on this. I should have posted this to the discussion forum so it is more of a discussion, but I'll digress here. I'm wondering why DataDirectCloud wouldn't publish the IP addresses of it's servers. Google provides a very similar functionality with it's App Script service and freely shares it's server IPs. eg. developers.google.com/.../jdbc

Just curious...

• Yes, that question came up internally as well.  Our security team had reservations as far as making those publicly available, but I think we should revisit that conversation.  

• Salesforce also readily publishes this information. DataDirect Cloud should do the same.