Progress DataDirect Cloud Access service failing to start - Forum - DataDirect Cloud - Progress Community

Progress DataDirect Cloud Access service failing to start

Forum

Progress DataDirect Cloud Access service failing to start

This question is not answered

Progress DataDirect Cloud Access service failing to start on a Windows XP 32bit. I known XP has been retired but it the only workstation I have which I can put in the DMZ.

Which logs will tell me what the issue is.

All Replies
  • XP should work. The Access service logs are located in \Program Files\Progress\DataDirect\Cloud_OnPremise_Connector\OPDH\logs. However, if the service isn’t starting, more likely the problem/errors will be found in the Event Viewer, Application events under Windows Logs. I hope this help and good luck.

Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015 8:41 PM
    To: TU.DD.Cloud@community.progress.com
    Subject: [Technical Users - DataDirect Cloud] Progress DataDirect Cloud Access service failing to start

Thread created by CMI

Progress DataDirect Cloud Access service failing to start on a Windows XP 32bit. I known XP has been retired but it the only workstation I have which I can put in the DMZ.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

• Sorry, I was wrong. Windows XP is *not* supported. For the latest information on supported environments, see the DataDirect Cloud On-Premise Connector Support Matrix (https://www.progress.com/datadirect-cloud/support/cloud-support/matrix/on-premise-connector).

Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015 9:06 PM
    Subject: RE: [Technical Users - DataDirect Cloud] Progress DataDirect Cloud Access service failing to start

XP should work. The Access service logs are located in \Program Files\Progress\DataDirect\Cloud_OnPremise_Connector\OPDH\logs. However, if the service isn’t starting, more likely the problem/errors will be found in the Event Viewer, Application events under Windows Logs. I hope this help and good luck.

To:
    TU.DD.Cloud@community.progress.com
    Subject: [Technical Users - DataDirect Cloud] Progress DataDirect Cloud Access service failing to start

Thread created by CMI

• Unfortunately the information at the link below is not accurate. We will be correcting this. However, the correct information is available at our Progress DataDirect Cloud System and Product Requirements web page on our documentation site (http://documentation.progress.com/output/DataDirect/DataDirectCloud/index.html#page/onpremise/system-and-product-requirements.html#). To summarize, currently the Progress DataDirect Cloud On-Premise Connector is currently supported on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows Server 2008. It is also supported on 64-bit Windows Server 2012.

Sent: Friday, June 26, 2015 7:30 AM
    To: 'TU.DD.Cloud@community.progress.com'
    Subject: RE: [Technical Users - DataDirect Cloud] Progress DataDirect Cloud Access service failing to start

Sorry, I was wrong. Windows XP is *not* supported. For the latest information on supported environments, see the DataDirect Cloud On-Premise Connector Support Matrix (https://www.progress.com/datadirect-cloud/support/cloud-support/matrix/on-premise-connector).

Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015 9:06 PM

XP should work. The Access service logs are located in \Program Files\Progress\DataDirect\Cloud_OnPremise_Connector\OPDH\logs. However, if the service isn’t starting, more likely the problem/errors will be found in the Event Viewer, Application events under Windows Logs. I hope this help and good luck.

To:

Thread created by CMI

• The link you provide does show that Windows XP, Service pack 2 and higher is still supported.

On Jun 26, 2015, at 6:31 AM, jhobson <bounce-jhobson@community.progress.com> wrote:

Reply by jhobson
    Sorry, I was wrong. Windows XP is *not* supported. For the latest information on supported environments, see the DataDirect Cloud On-Premise Connector Support Matrix (https://www.progress.com/datadirect-cloud/support/cloud-support/matrix/on-premise-connector).

Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015 9:06 PM
    To: TU.DD.Cloud@community.progress.com
    Subject: RE: [Technical Users - DataDirect Cloud] Progress DataDirect Cloud Access service failing to start

Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015 8:41 PM
    To: 
    Subject: [Technical Users - DataDirect Cloud] Progress DataDirect Cloud Access service failing to start

Thread created by CMI

Stop receiving emails on this subject. 

Flag this post as spam/abuse. 

• Here’s the follow-up message I sent out to my posting below.

Unfortunately the information at the link below is not accurate. We will be correcting this. However, the correct information is available at our Progress DataDirect Cloud System and Product Requirements web page on our documentation site (http://documentation.progress.com/output/DataDirect/DataDirectCloud/index.html#page/onpremise/system-and-product-requirements.html#). To summarize, currently the Progress DataDirect Cloud On-Premise Connector is currently supported on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows Server 2008. It is also supported on 64-bit Windows Server 2012.

From: Greg Stasko [mailto:bounce-gregs@community.progress.com]
    Sent: Monday, July 06, 2015 6:46 PM
    Subject: Re: [Technical Users - DataDirect Cloud] Progress DataDirect Cloud Access service failing to start

Reply by Greg Stasko
    The link you provide does show that Windows XP, Service pack 2 and higher is still supported.

On Jun 26, 2015, at 6:31 AM, jhobson <bounce-jhobson@community.progress.com> wrote:

Reply by jhobson

Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015 9:06 PM
    To: TU.DD.Cloud@community.progress.com
    Subject: RE: [Technical Users - DataDirect Cloud] Progress DataDirect Cloud Access service failing to start

Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015 8:41 PM
    To: 
    Subject: [Technical Users - DataDirect Cloud] Progress DataDirect Cloud Access service failing to start

Thread created by CMI