Cannot Create OData Schema Map - Forum - DataDirect Cloud - Progress Community

Cannot Create OData Schema Map

Forum

Cannot Create OData Schema Map

This question is answered

Hi,

I am just trying to set up a test connection from an on premise MySQL database (on my dev pc) and Salesforce. To achieve this I've downloaded the On-Premise Connector and set that up. I've then created an On-Premise Data Source for MySQL using the Connector ID. With this set up I have used SQL Testing and I can query any of the databases and tables on my MySQL server, so all that part seems OK. The problem I get is when I try and configure the OData.

On the OData tab, when I click the 'Configure Schema' button it returns the following error message:

'Test connection failed, please try again later.'

This has been the case for the last 24 hours, so I don't think it's a timing issue.

Hope someone maybe able to provide a pointer. What I think is strange is that when I use SQL Testing everything seems OK and I would have thought that this 'Configure Schema' button would be using the same technology.

Cheers

Alan

Verified Answer
  • Hi Alan,

We have pushed out a change which should resolve this issue for you. Please let us know if it works!

Be well,

Matthew

--

Matthew Monahan
    Progress Software

All Replies
  • Hi Alan,

Can you let us know the version of MySQL you are connecting to?

Thanks,
    Davy
  • Hi Davy,

Thanks for responding. The MySQL version is MySQL Enterprise Server - Advanced Edition (Commercial) 5.6.23

Cheers

Alan

• Hi Alan,

Thanks, I can replicate the problem. We are looking further into this.

Regards,
    Davy
  • Hi Davy,

Thanks for that. Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Alan

• Hi Alan,

Can you confirm that the datasource named mysqlonpremise is the one that shows the error "Test connection failed, please try again later."?

Thanks,
    Davy
  • Hi Davy,

Yep. That's the one. Unfortunately the server is switched off at the min. As mentioned when it was on the SQL Queries were working fine, but this Configure Schema option didn't do anything (apart from display the message). I did try entering a manual config as per the documentation, but then when I tried to connect to this from Salesforce it would make the connection but wouldn't display any tables to select. I had previously created a simple RollBase database to test the connection to Salesforce and that worked fine.

For information the database I was using as an example is just the film database that comes along as a sample with MySQL, but of course DataDirect isn't quite getting to the stage where you can select that.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers

Alan

• Hi Alan,

We found the issue and are working on a fix which should be ready in a couple of days.

Regarding entering the config manually, note that OData requires that tables have primary keys to be exposed.

Cheers,

Davy

• Hi Davy,

Thanks for the update. That sounds great. Let me know once it's done and if you need any more info from me, please let me know.

With the manual OData setup I initially tried exposing one table. When that didn't work I then just tried to expose a database using this sort of tag:

{"schemaName":"test"}

Should that have worked?

I have another quick question. If I wanted to use a DB2 on premise data source are there any restrictions of DB2 versions as there are with MySQL?

Cheers

Alan

• MySQL does not support schemas.  To manually set up a MySQL data source, I think you need your schema map definition needs to look like:

{"schemaName": null}

• Connecting to DB2 does not have the same kind of restrictions as MySQL (Community edition versus Enterprise, or the schema support issue). The full list of DB2 versions supported by DataDirect Cloud is posted in a support matrix on the Progress web site here:  www.progress.com/.../database-support

• Thanks for the hint. Unfortunately when I tried that I got the following error, which i don't get if I specify a valid table:

"Error validating Schema Map. 'schemaName' property is missing or invalid."

I guess this could just be related to the initial Edit Configuration error that Davy us resolving.

Thanks very much for the link. I should have looked around. Thanks very much for forwarding, that was exactly what I was after.

• Hi ,

Just wondering if there is any update on this issue.

Cheers

Alan

• Hi Alan,

We are at a stage where the fixes are being tested by QA. This should be available soon, I will send a note, once it gets deployed.

Regards,
    Kiran

From: afaubel [mailto:bounce-afaubel@community.progress.com]
    Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2015 8:54 PM
    To: TU.DD.Cloud@community.progress.com
    Subject: RE: [Technical Users - DataDirect Cloud] Cannot Create OData Schema Map

Reply by afaubel

Hi Davy,

Just wondering if there is any update on this issue.

Cheers

Alan

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

• Hi

Thanks very much for the update.

Cheers

Alan

• Hi Alan, The fix for MySQL is deployed, Please check if you can connect to OData Schema Editor now.

Thanks,

Vignesh