Error connecting to ODBC DDC data source - Forum - DataDirect Cloud - Progress Community

Error connecting to ODBC DDC data source

Forum

Error connecting to ODBC DDC data source

This question is answered

Hi!

I have connected an MSSQL Server data source to DDC , and now I am trying to connect from OpenEdge to DDC but i get the following error:

Could not connect to "<<ODBCDataSourceName>>" as user "<<UserName>>" S1000: [DataDirect][ODBC Cloud driver][Service]TimeZone (Europe/Minsk 10,800,000/false) and offset/use-daylight-time(7,200,000/true) do not match.

Could anyone help me with this?

Thank you!

Verified Answer
  • Oops, I gave you the wrong format for Client Time Zone. Please accept my apologies. I'm glad you figured out the correct format. You can also include the offset and whether or not daylight saving time is observed, which the D2C service will verify against the supplied time zone.

Europe/Athens,+2:00D

Europe/Bucharest,+2:00D

A defect has been filed.

All Replies
  • Yes, I should be able to help. It looks like a bug in the D2C ODBC Driver. Would you please answer some questions for me?

1. What does the Windows Date & Time show for Time zone? Is anything mentioned about Daylight Saving Time?

Example: (UTC-05:00) Eastern TIme (US & Canada)

Daylight Saving Time ends on Sunday, November...

2. In the Windows Registry, what's the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation\TimeZoneKeyName?

3. 32- or 64-bit (Windows and D2C ODBC Driver)?

Thanks, John

• In the ODBC Administrator, please change the setting of Client Time Zone on the Advanced tab for your DSN to 7200000D. This should match your Windows setting of UTC + 2 and observing daylight saving time (DST). The time zone the D2C ODBC Driver is using -- Europe/Minsk -- was changed from UTC + 2 and observing DST to UTC + 3 and not observing DST. I'll make sure a defect is filed so the D2C ODBC Driver will get fixed.

Thanks, John

• 1. Time zone is (UTC+02:00) E. Europe

Daylight Saving Time ends on Sunday, October 26, 2014 at 3:00 AM.

2. For TimeZoneKeyName i have the value E. Europe Standard Time

3. Windows - 64 bit and i installed both the 32 and 64-bit D2C ODBC driver

Thank you!

• If i fill the Client Time Zone in ODBC Administrator with 7200000D it gives me another error: [DataDirect][ODBC Cloud driver][Service]Invalid time zone: 7200000D

• It seems that the problem with time zone is fixed, I changed the time zone to Athens, Bucharest and now when I test the connection it says "Connection established".

But now I have another problem when trying to connect from AppBuilder to D2C ODBC datasource: I chose ODBC Utilities from Data Administration-> Create DataServer Schema, I filled in the Logical Database Name and ODBC DataSource Name and also the username and password, in the dialog "Pre-Selection Criteria For Schema Pull" at Object Name and Qualifier i let * and i filled in the owner. Then the dialog "Select ODBC Objects" appears and when i select the object and press OK then it gives me the following error: "Mismatched number of parameters passed to routine error_handling prodict/odb/_odb_pul.p.(3234)"

• Hi,

Can you let us know which Cloud Datasource you are using (Progress OE On Premise,...) ?

Can you get us an ODBC trace of the error?

1. Select: Start > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC).

2. Select: the 'Tracing' tab from from the 'ODBC Data Source Administrator' dialog.

3. Enter: The trace log file or accept the default if any.

4) Click on 'Start Tracing Now'.

5) Click 'OK'

Restart the application and reproduce the error.

These steps start the trace and log entries in the file you specified. After you finish the query, come back to Tracing again and click on 'Stop Tracing Now'.

NOTE: Make sure you delete previous log file each time you run a new query otherwise the log file is appended and a huge file can be created.

Thanks, Davy
  • Oops, I gave you the wrong format for Client Time Zone. Please accept my apologies. I'm glad you figured out the correct format. You can also include the offset and whether or not daylight saving time is observed, which the D2C service will verify against the supplied time zone.

Europe/Athens,+2:00D

Europe/Bucharest,+2:00D

A defect has been filed.

• I am using as data source MSSQL Server with on premise Data Direct Cloud connector.

I have attached the ODBC log file.

SQL.LOG

Thank you!

• Otenzio,

Since you've gotten past the connection issue and have hit something new it would be best to start a new discussion for that.  That helps prevent confusion about what problem is being discussed.