Compare in the same line strings and booleans - Forum - Corticon - Progress Community

Compare in the same line strings and booleans

Forum

Compare in the same line strings and booleans

This question is answered

Hi,

It's possible to write in the same line in a condition sentence a comparision between two Strings and other part comparing Booleans. For example:

((Form.name = 'name') and (Indicator.isNew = T))

I upload an image to show exactly the error mesage that it gives me CorticonStudio.

Verified Answer
  • Ok, I will include as a idea.

I say because I'm trying to generating the rules automatically and I have to distingish programmaticaly if the expressions are different types.

Thanks a lot!

All Replies
  • As the syntax error message describes, you can have a compound expression that uses the same Entity, but not different ones. You can submit a feature request in the ideas section for possible inclusion in a future release.

Alternatively, you could write the individual expressions and assign the result to a boolean attribute, and then compare the results of the two booleans in a separate rule.

• Ok, I will include as a idea.

I say because I'm trying to generating the rules automatically and I have to distingish programmaticaly if the expressions are different types.

Thanks a lot!