Unable to install Corticon Studio trial version download from progress site - Forum - Corticon - Progress Community

Unable to install Corticon Studio trial version download from progress site

Forum

Unable to install Corticon Studio trial version download from progress site

This question is not answered

When I try to run Corticon Studio Trial 5.6.1 64 bit, which I tried on several machines, I'm getting the following error:please select another location to extract the installer to... which doesn't lead to successful installation.

Looks like the download is broken, even though I tried to download it several times.

Any advise on how to resolve this issue?

All Replies
  • What are you using for a download link?

James Arsenault  |  Product Development  |  Progress Software
    email: james.arsenault@progress.com |  direct: 781-280-4934

• To download, tried to use install available at: progress-eval.subscribenet.com/.../download

• I have seen this happen before where the install file is not downloaded completely and there is partial file corruption.

I would suggest you download the installer again and check the properties of your file to see if they match this in terms of size:

• Colleagues, can you please try to download the file yourself? You would see that the file published in your download system is corrupted. If you tried yourself, you'll see that file on your system is 298 Mb. There is nothing I can do to correct this problem. Can you please fix it and reply? Thanks in advance.

• Here's the corrupt download published on trial download site:

• I have just downloaded the installer from ESD and can confirm the file is complete and not corrupted. Please try to download again, possibly from a different computer or network.

• Something is amiss here. When I look at ESD I see the Studio installer as 341.7 MB where your link shows 298.3 MB. There must be something wrong with the eval download. We'll have a look and update you shortly.

• James, Chris, thanks a lot for looking into this!

• Chris,

I went through the “Get Eval Version” procedure and I can confirm the Corticon 5.6.1 Studio file on ESD trial is JUST 298MB. This must be looked at urgently!

Best regards,
    Harold

• File was updated and now it's 86.2 Mb, and it's still corrupted.

• We must have an amazing new compression algorithm, the more we touch it the smaller it gets J

We’re investigating why it’s getting truncated on upload.

• Alex,

Send me an email directly and I'll provide you alternative access until this is resolved.

Jim