Can i get the correct range and set format for using 'in' and 'charsIn' operators? - Forum - Corticon - Progress Community

Can i get the correct range and set format for using 'in' and 'charsIn' operators?

Forum

Can i get the correct range and set format for using 'in' and 'charsIn' operators?

This question is answered

Here is the operators syntax <String> in <Range or Set>.  

Verified Answer
  • Here’s some more detail.
    This can also be found in the help files when you install Corticon.

• The technical reason is that hibernate cannot process the resulting query  .

Please file an idea requesting this enhancement if you'd like this syntax to work and be supported for DB filters

All Replies
  • Here's an example using 'in'
    Person.gender in {'male','female'}
    This syntax may not be available in older versions of Studio.
  • Here’s some more detail.
    This can also be found in the help files when you install Corticon.

• Hi Mike,

Is there a possibility to use a 'not'  or '<>' in combination with the 'in' operator?

Thanks,

-Gertjan

• Indeed you can.
    Just put the expression inside ( )
    For example:
    not (Applicant.age in {0..100})
    not (Applicant.gender in {'male','female'})

Mike

• Thanks Mike!

This only seems to work though as a regular Filter or Precondition, but *not* as a Database Filter (with EDC). A Database Filter will cause the error-message "Filter Expression cannot be processed by the database".

Is there any other way to use the "not in" within EDC?

Thanks! :)

-Gertjan

• Correct
    For some reason the syntax is not supported as a database filter but I’m not sure what the technical reason is.

The alternative is to use this syntax
     which could get rather lengthy if you have a lot of values to test.

Mike

From: Gertjan H [mailto:bounce-hendrige@community.progress.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2016 10:04 AM
    To: TU.Corticon@community.progress.com
    Subject: RE: [Technical Users - Corticon] Can i get the correct range and set format for using 'in' and 'charsIn' operators?

Update from Progress Community

Thanks Mike!

This only seems to work though as a regular Filter or Precondition, but *not* as a Database Filter (with EDC). A Database Filter will cause the error-message "Filter Expression cannot be processed by the database".

Is there any other way to use the "not in" within EDC?

Thanks! :)

-Gertjan

View online

You received this notification because you subscribed to the forum.  To unsubscribe from only this thread, go here.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

• The technical reason is that hibernate cannot process the resulting query  .

Please file an idea requesting this enhancement if you'd like this syntax to work and be supported for DB filters

• Hi Mike,

Thanks again for the quick reply and great example. The alternative is exactly what I am using now. I could not find any other option to get this working.

-Gertjan

• Hi Jan,

I will file that idea, as I do get some lengthy filters for my exclusions.

Thank you,

-Gertjan

• Go here
    to submit ideas (and view other ideas that have already been submitted)