Linking PASOE rest service deployment into a jenkins CI/CD d

Posted by FrankHilhorst on 22-Nov-2019 16:26

Hi Guys,

I am looking at a situation where all Progress related deployments involved some compiling the code in a task and deploying it.

Now that we are getting ready to deploy REST services we are wondering how to incorporate the generation of the war and the "tcman deploy" command into an automated workflow.

• The commands that get executed when you export a REST service in OpenEdge Studio can they be isolated and put in a script that Jenkins can execute
  • Then there are the tcman undeploy, tcman deploy, tcman stop and tcman start

Has anybody done anything like this and can you give me some tips on how to do this.

Specifically how can I decipher what commands get executed when you export a REST project to a war file?

All Replies

Posted by hutcj on 23-Jan-2020 21:20

I asked a similar question here community.progress.com/.../59012

The short answer is that some, but not all, of the processes have corresponding Ant tasks. PDSOE generates .pidl files as an intermediate step for some service types (I don't remember exactly which ones). There is no task that exists to generate these from a CLI - it must be done with PDSOE. There is a product enhancement open for this feature - you can vote for it here: community.progress.com/.../create_command_line_utility_to_generate_pidl_files_for_a_pasoe_data_object_rest_application

Docs on the existing Ant tasks: docs.progress.com/.../Package-an-ABL-WebApp-ANT-project.html

This thread is closed