Networking Problem - Forum - Progress User Groups - Progress Community

Networking Problem

Forum

Networking Problem

• hi.. i've encounter a problem during accessing the server.

i have 2 client, my first client connect successfully  but the other says "table was used by username, wait or cancel"..

anyone who can help..

i have a screen shot of the 2 client..

thanks in advance..

• First, I'd rather post this to a more technical forum on this site, like http://communities.progress.com/pcom/community/psdn/openedge/abl

hi.. i've encounter a problem during accessing the server.

i have 2 client, my first client connect successfully  but the other says "table was used by username, wait or cancel"..

Second, this is not a networking problem. It's a programming problem.

Just a quick quess: Both clients are accessing the same record either in SHARE-LOCK or EXCLUSIVE-LOCK. Try changing those queries/FIND statements etc. that don't update a record to NO-LOCK.

If you are really updating a record, you have some issues with releasing the lock on UserRecordMst (FIND CURRENT UserRecordMst NO-LOCK or RELEASE UserRecordMst) or your transaction scope. Worst case the whole users session is a single transaction because of an issue in the login screen.

• thank you sir..

now i know.

• sir i got another problem..

"event logger error 997, could not post a 'OBF_PROGRESS'"

what do you think sir,

i just type proserve -db obf.db -H AREKUSHISU -S 12345 to proenv.

thanks in advance sir..

• You should look up the error message (5180) in the Progress K-Base. But this error can safely be ignored.

Progress isn't able to post messages to the windows event log. Usually an installtion or rights issues. Or the log may be full.

• ok.. sir thanks again..