PSDN Levels and Feature Overview - Wiki - Community Groups - Progress Community

PSDN Levels and Feature Overview

PSDN Levels and Feature Overview

Key Feature of this level - White Not Available to this level - Yellow
PSDN Level
Premier Subscription(1) Professional Subscription(1) Standard Online Membership Public Online Membership
GENERAL
Who Progress Application Partners (APs) Progress APs, System Integrators and Consultants Progress APs and Direct Customers Anyone
Entry Requirements Any AP can join Progress APs, System Integrators and Consultants AP or Direct Customer with maintenance on development product Anyone
Price Contact your local sales representative Contact your local sales representative No additional charge beyond development product maintenance Free
SOFTWARE
PSDN Software Developer Kit (SDK) Yes Yes
Includes software, printed installation documentation, electronic documentation
Number of Developers Up to 5 1
More users requires additional license purchase More users requires additional license purchase
Number of Sites 1 1
More than one site requires additional subscriptions More than one site requires additional subscriptions
Kind of License 1-year Subscription 1-year Subscription
Software Updates and Service Packs Automatic Automatic
OTHER NON-WEB PSDN OFFERINGS
E-mail Communication Users Yes Yes Yes Yes*
can select the type of information they will receive.
Progress Exchange Worldwide User Conference 1 Early-Bird-Special anytime coupon 1 Early-Bird-Special anytime coupon Standard Early-Bird Special applies
Progress eLearning Catalog 5 1
Additional seats added with each subscription license Additional seat added with each subscription license
Technical Support Standard Standard
24x7 support for customers already with 24x7 maintenance 24x7 support for customers already with 24x7 maintenance
Business Empowerment Programs Priority Status Priority Status
Technical Empowerment Programs Priority Status Priority Status
WEB-BASED PSDN OFFERINGS
General Product Information Yes Yes Yes Yes
Including datasheets, documentation, release notes
Product Direction Yes Yes Yes Yes
Roadmaps, What's New
White Papers Yes Yes Yes Yes
Product, Migration
Web Seminars, Other Online Events Unlimited Overview & Technical Unlimited Overview & Technical Unlimited Overview & Technical Yes
Offered monthly on a first-come-first-served basis
Product-focused Discussion Threads Yes Yes Yes Read only
Knowledge Base, Customer Service, Quick Log, FAQ, Technical Bulletins Yes Yes Yes
Downloads Yes Yes Yes Yes
Service Packs, Code sharing samples, Downloads
Progress Events Information Yes Yes Yes Yes

Indicates that Web site registration is required to receive this benefit.

(1)PSDN Add-on kit(s) are available for purchase with this subscription. The Add-on kit includes a single-user subscription to a previously released version of OpenEdge. The add-on kits are designed to help customers continue supporting their end-users that are running applications based on an older version of OpenEdge.  These Add-on kits are not for new development.

Comments
  • I don't understand why it's so hard to add pricing information.

• Thank you for your feedback Greg.

• Hi,I just want to download and use SonicWorkbench and have an idea whether it can satisfy my SOA requirements. Is there a way to quickly know which subscription I need as developer (no Progress products will be used in production), without the rush to evaluate your products within 30 days only? ThanksRegards.Salvo

• You'll want to visit the evaluation center. communities.progress.com/.../DOC-16375

• That still actual information?

• I have no idea.