How to start with appSolute tool ? - Forum - Roundtable Community - Progress Community
 Forum

How to start with appSolute tool ?

• Actually - it is running as it should...

and it also telling you that this workspace had no events, so no need to create a release. And it looks like you have emailing turned on but have not set up credentials or who to send mails to.

Regards / Med Venlig Hilsen 

Thomas Hansen
    Director

• Yes i have removed email section values. IS that the reason for not creating release again ?

I am not getting ur explanation on "workspace had no events, so no need to create a release"

• Now I am planning to run the deployment script by changing values in json script.

Will it create only deployment data in round table like release data or will it actually deploy the code ?

• Getting below error while running the deployment script

• I think you may actually have run into a bug that we have only seen on Linux.

Try changing the following line in appSolutions/appSolute/Utils/FileHelper.cls: 

DEFINE VARIABLE EdReadFile AS CHARACTER VIEW-AS EDITOR SCROLLBAR-VERTICAL LARGE SIZE 79 BY 11 NO-UNDO.

to 

DEFINE VARIABLE EdReadFile AS CHARACTER VIEW-AS EDITOR SCROLLBAR-VERTICAL LARGE SIZE 78 BY 11 NO-UNDO.

This should solve the problem. 

HTH

Thomas Hansen
    Director

• FYI - We will be making a new release - 11.5.02 - of the toolkit with a few fixes and a number of new features in the next couple of weeks.

Thomas Hansen
    Director

• OK will check.

Will this script create deployment data only in rtb  or will it actually deploy the code ?

• Now m getting below error

• With the default settings, the deployment script will check for a site that is marked with

DefaultSite=true

in the site notes. 

The following then happens:

• check if there are any deployments in the workspace already.
      If there are, and there is a newer release than the one that has been deployed already, it will make sure the latest deployment is marked as "Complete".

• Then it will create a new deployment record for the site, with the latest release in the workspace assigned to it.

• Once this is done, the deployment actually gets created and written to disk in the calculated deployment root directory. (Check the config file and the resulting deployment records to work out how this works) 

• A release report is then created for the release interval that the deployment was created for.

• If you have emails turned on, and email with the log and the attached release report with details of what is included in the deployment is sent by email. 

Neat? I think so! And you get all this for free. All you need is valid RTB licenses to use the scripts with ;-) 

HTH

Thomas Hansen
    Director

• I cross checked my setup see below screenshots

Dont know y that error is coming. Pls guide me.

• Looks like you have now turned on connecting to the AppServer, and something is going wrong there...

If you are changing the setup to use AppServer, do this with a simpler script like the release or compile one and make sure this works with AppServer first. You should also make sure that your AppServer has the necessary PROPATH to be able to pick up any toolkit and custom files it may need.

I would advise that you get things set up with client server as you were doing before first.

Thomas Hansen
    Director

• yes, appserver is connecting properly....i have created release from the script only and after that i am running the deployment script

• My appserver is running on different machine and below is the propath setting for that

Do i need to add extra paths here ?

• Unless the E-drive is a fixed drive on your server, then this won't work. Mapped drives do not work on AppServer - you have to use UNC names.

You should also include the root directory of the toolkit so that the server can pick up things it may need from there.

I would expect that the error you are getting is related to something on the AppServer. Check the logs for the AppServer to see what is happening.

Thomas Hansen
    Director

• actually round table installed on appsrver  and on dev machine aswell.

In the json file i have added RtbInstallPath of dev machine from where i am executing scripts.

"RtbInstallPath": "D:/Users/thomas/rtbdemo115",

Do I need to pass the appserver RtbInstallPath ?

Other appserver connection parameters I passed correctly but not sure on this.

I am in doubt on the RtbInstallPath.

When I set this to local directory its working for release script and when i set to appserver installation rtb dir it is failing.

How can we add root directory of toolkit as both are on diff machines ?