How to start with appSolute tool ? - Forum - Roundtable Community - Progress Community
 Forum

How to start with appSolute tool ?

• yes m modifying the config file as per my environment and m planning to run it from command line.

Will that work ?

• Yes, that should work.

One of the important things to make sure you have set correctly in your config json file, is the RTB repository database connection and optional AppServer connection.

You can either run this client/server or offload the processing to an AppServer. This depends on which automated processes you are using and if things like compiles and generated r-code is compatible on the platforms you need to use the r-code on. There are some use cases where the toolkit is being started on a Windows client, but the processing is done on a unix/linux server to create server compatible r-code. This may also depend on the OE version whether this is necessary or not.

Regards / Med Venlig Hilsen 

Thomas Hansen
    Director

• OK

can we use this tool to create RTB task automation ?

• I have modified json file process_windows available in the folder.

Now m planning to execute Creating releases.

Can anyone guide me how can execute this ?

Any further setup required ?

• We don't have a set of jobs for creating tasks - but there are APIs for it. And the should also be something in the examples directory that can be used to create tasks.

Assuming you are on Windows, you should configure a version of the scripts/workspace-release.cmd file to fit with your settings. Assuming you have everything set up correctly, and you are using "prompt" for the workspace to process, you will be prompted for a workspace (actually a comma separated list of workspaces if you want to handle more than one workspace at a time).

Complete logs are written to the <root dir>/buildlogs directory - and other logs and reports are written to the </root dir>/logs/ directory with a separate sub-directory for each process and workspace.

Thomas Hansen
    Director

• yes I am using window as of now for testing.

Do we need to change build_rtb_release.xml ?

Also dont understand on the props file mentioned in the script

-DBuildJsonProps=C:/Roundtable/demo112/config/%1-process.props

Have to replace this with the process_windows.json ?

• you should not need to change the build*.xml files - unless you are adding new features or fixing bugs you find ;-)

-D sets a property for Ant.

You simply change this to

-DBuildJsonProps=<location of your own config .json file>

The one you are seeing here was written so that you could pass in a parameter when you run the script to set the config file name. Ignore that for now and work with the sample json file and use "prompt" where it makes sense. This gives you more flexibility when testing.

Thomas Hansen
    Director

• OK thanks

Will check and update u on the further progress.

• Hi,

I have added all the env variables such as ANT_HOME, JAVA_HOME and PATH.

and changed config  as below

and changed workspace-release.cmd file as below

and simply running script from command line

I am getting below errors on screen.

I do not understand these errors. It will be good if anyone can explain me

• hi,

any help on this issue ?

• Hi Guys

any help on this ?

• Which version of Java are you using?

I think this may be related to some of the later PCT versions needing a Java version of 1.6+. OpenEdge 10.2B only comes with 1.5 - which does not work with newer versions of PCT.

Thomas Hansen
    Director

• We are using 10.2B.

Do i need to install JDK 1.6 plus ?

• AFAIK, if you are using a PCT version that is higher than 184 (and I think the one we have in the toolkit is 187), then you need to use a JDK with a version number of 1.6 or higher.

So i would try and install this and set JAVA_HOME to this, so that when you run scripts outside of of Eclipse, which you are doing here, then you use this Java version.

Thomas Hansen
    Director

• Yes..installed new version of JDK and it worked for me. created new release in RTB.

Now I am again running the release script its not running giving log like