What settings do I need to change to be able to reference RT

Posted by jquerijero on 14-Feb-2020 20:23

I have my Roundtable TSMS project connected to the RTB database, but I'm still not able to reference RTB table inside my code. What other setting should I check?

All Replies

Posted by WinningJr on 15-Feb-2020 01:54

Do you mean you are trying to write code to read from the RTB tables?   If so, you wouldn't do that in a normal RTB project  as it removes the RTB database to protect your application.

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 15-Feb-2020 18:11

The event procedure in the plug-in that is run when events are fired is executed via _server.p (com.openedge.pdt.project_xx folder) and the 'executeCmd' procedure. I'm not sure how the AVM communicates with the DB connections defined for the project though. That may be a question for PSC tech support.

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 15-Feb-2020 18:30

FWIW, this works fine for me in my test environment. I am able to access a manually created 'rtb' project database connection from _ide_rtbevents.p.

Posted by jquerijero on 17-Feb-2020 15:37

[quote user="Jeff Ledbetter"]

FWIW, this works fine for me in my test environment. I am able to access a manually created 'rtb' project database connection from _ide_rtbevents.p.

[/quote]

Hmm, I wonder what is different with my setup. I have the rtb database connection specified for the Roundtable TSMS project. Even the PDSOE code editor doesn't recognize the rtb tables.

This thread is closed