Another Dashboard Request - Ideas & Feature Requests - Ideas & Feature Requests - Progress Community
 Ideas & Feature Requests

Another Dashboard Request

• Another Dashboard Request
  • How about hiding the browse and edit link on the dashboard when browse and edit is disabled.

And please make the dashboard usfull or at least give us an uption to cofigure to land on pages directly.

Hope to see the dashboard cofiguration on a roadmap anytime soon

Markus
  • Hello Markus,

Thank you for contacting Telerik support.

When Browse and Edit is disabled the editing tools should not be visible. If you see the tools and the feature is disabled you have probably found a bug.

As for the Dashboard - it is in our plans but unfortunately is not scheduled yet.

Regards,
    Antoaneta
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  • Dear Antoaneta

Can you check if this is still the case in 4.3?

Markus

• Hello Markus,

Thank you for the screenshots.

I confirm this is a bug and I logged it to be fixed for the next release.
    Your Telerik points are updated.

Kind regards,
    Antoaneta
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  • And while you at it - please give us an option to remove the SF 3.7 migration tool.
    Why does every new client of me have to see this?

a) its technical - Do you realy think endusers will upgrade it
    b) its not needed for all project running on 4.x.

Markus
  • Hi Markus,

Thank you for your comments, you have a point.

Many of our clients are on their way to migrate old projects so at this time the link will not be removed from the Dashboard.
    I can assure you that in the future it will be moved somewhe else.

Kind regards,
    Antoaneta
    the Telerik team
  • If you disable browse and edit the dashboard still shows the text to edit the site directly (4.4 new project)
    Markus
  • Hi Markus,

Thank you for raising this again.
    We are aware of the problem and it is logged to be fixed.
    As this is not a critical issue we decided to postpone it for some of our next releases.

All the best,
    Antoaneta
    the Telerik team
  • Thanks Antoaneta for the feedback.

I was under the impression it would be very easy to do so.

Kind of IF BrowseAndEdit = false then hide else show :-)

Markus

But you are right. Having all 4.4 users having to see the 3.7 migration effekt is much more bothering. Since if you log into 4.4 you probably have an 4.4 solution allready :-)
  • Hello,

Thank you Markus, I know it sounds like something easy but it is not so trivial.
    I have already raised its priority so it will be fixed sooner.

Kind regards,
    Antoaneta
    the Telerik team
  • I still stand by my request, that when browse and edit is disabled the dashboard should not show the link to edit content directly in browser.

Markus

PS: Still hoping to skip the dashboard for users login in. It's simply one extra click every time.
  • Hi Marcus,

Thank you for reminding us for this problem. I will raise its priority internally so to be fixed sooner.
    We have a lot of ideas for personalisation of the Dashboard but they are not in the plans so far. We will take your proposal in mind when we start working on this.

All the best,
    Antoaneta
    the Telerik team
  • Yes, this is something that annoys me as well. For our projects we delete everything on that Dashboard page, because the system is not connected to the internet. So everytime you login, you have a very nice and empty page saying "Welcome". If I could skip it, that would be very nice.
    Andrei
  • Dear Antoaneta
    And I still stand by other request. Remove the migrate from 3.7 info
    a) wrong and useless for all projects since 4.0
    b) If you see this link you already have an 4.x or 5.x installation so either you are fresh or something is in the process of migrating :-)
    c) usfull probably only for admins and all editors don't need to see it.

But you are right there are more importet things, like a filter for pages waiting for approvel for example (If I remember correct still not available in 5.0)

Have a nice day.
    Markus