Sitefinity Export Document & Files ,Images , Videos from one database to other without enterprize license - General Discussions - General Discussions - Progress Community

Sitefinity Export Document & Files ,Images , Videos from one database to other without enterprize license

General Discussions

Sitefinity Export Document & Files ,Images , Videos from one database to other without enterprize license

• Sitefinity Export Document & Files ,Images , Videos from one database to other without enterprize license
  • I need to export sitefinity content from Document & Files ,Images , Videos of one database to other. I know there is some synchronization feature which is only available to enterprize license which i don't have. Is there anyway that through some other way or database script i can export and import data.
    I am using Database as storage for those contetn instead of file system.

I am using sitefinity version 6.3

• Hello,

There are two options:

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Vassil Vassilev
    Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

• Hi Kamii47,

OPTION 1
    Not a solution to your problem, but there was a tool on this website which offered a SiteSync: http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/marketplace/modules/nextwork-solutions/sitesynchronization-module

It seems not to be online anymore. Maybe someone else knows what happened there? It is probably out there somewhere?

OPTION 2
    You could use a database script, but I would probably write some code against the API to do this.

Kind regards,
    Daniel

• Yeah, like I said, use the API, since SiteSync isn't in your reach and using providers isn't quite what you want.

If you need help, let me know.

Kind regards,
    Daniel

• I have manually copied and upload them to other site. I have to keep them in DB.

Site sync option was good but only available to enterprise license

• Hello,

Actually another option is to download them on the filesystem:
    var AllImages = librariesManager.GetImages().Where(i => i.Status == ContentLifecycleStatus.Master);  
            foreach (var image in AllImages) 

//var domain = System.Net.NetworkInformation.IPGlobalProperties.GetIPGlobalProperties().DomainName; 
                var imageUrl = image.Url; 
                if (imageUrl != null

string localFilename = @"c:\SaveImages\" + image.Title + ".jpg"; 
                    using (WebClient client = new WebClient()) 

client.DownloadFile(imageUrl, localFilename); 

Regards,
    Vassil Vassilev
    Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items