Download all images from library - General Discussions - General Discussions - Progress Community
 General Discussions

Download all images from library

• Download all images from library
  • Is there an easy way to download all images from a image library.

It would be nice if we had an backend action: Download all image 

Did not find anything in the DAM either.

Am I looking at the wrong place or has this never been requested?

Markus

• Hello all,

I have made the feedback item public. You will be able to view, like and follow it in our Feedback portal on the following URL:

http://feedback.telerik.com/Project/153/Feedback/Details/132209-add-a-download-all-action-to-a-sitefinity-library

Thank you for your suggestions.

Regards,
    Stefani Tacheva
    Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

• Hi Markus,

I think the easiest way is to create a simple WebForm with a button that loops over the image library and downloads all the images:

var AllImages = librariesManager.GetImages().Where(i => i.Status == ContentLifecycleStatus.Master); 
            foreach (var image in AllImages)

var imageUrl = image.Url;
                if (imageUrl != null)

string localFilename = @"c:\SaveImages\" + image.Title + ".jpg";
                    using (WebClient client = new WebClient())

client.DownloadFile(imageUrl, localFilename);

Kind regards,
    Daniel

• Hi Markus,

I created a feature requestion for this. It is still 'Private' but it should be available on this link:

http://feedback.telerik.com/Project/153/Feedback/Details/132209-add-a-download-all-action-to-a-sitefinity-library

Kind regards,
    Daniel

• Dear Daniel 

Thanks for the quick response. Wonder if no one ever needed this. 

Markus

• Hi Markus,

Well, I needed it at some point. Probably there are more people who need this, but I think it is not a feature that you need all the time, so let's see what happens if we get the chance to vote for it? ;)

Best,
    Daniel