Sitefinity 8.0 upgrade causing issues with missing assembly

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:09

Sitefinity 8.0 upgrade causing issues with missing assembly reference

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jun-2015 00:00

We had a Sitefinity 6.0 application which we upgraded to 8.0 using Sitefinity Project manager. In older version we were using Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Search.Publishing which probably is discontinued in Sitefinity v 7.3 and replaced by Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Search.Model but when either of them I use in my code, I am getting error that says - 

The type or namespace name 'Model' does not exist in the namespace 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Search' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

When I decompiled the assembly for Sitefinity, I see this namespaces are part of Telerik.Sitefinity.Search.Impl.dll which is referenced in my code already. Also, when I try typing in namespace in using statement, auto suggest lets me complete the whole using statement with suggestion but does not compile successfully.

Did anybody come across this issue with upgrade from 6.0 to 8.0? I really appreciate any help regarding this.

Thanks

Atit

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jun-2015 00:00

Hello Atit,

Please, check the API changes regarding the search functionality here. Please, remove and reference the Telerik.Sitefinity.Search and Search.Impl again and check whether you are using the up to date binding redirects for your version available from the _EmptyProject web.config. I highly recommend to try using your custom code or widgets on a newly created project with that version and see whether the error reproduces, so we can isolate it.
Hope this helps.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jun-2015 00:00

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I removed and re-added references for Search and Search.Impl but they still seem to be dependent on System.Runtime version 1.5.11.0 which does not exist. I tried adding assembly bindings from _EmptyProject web.config as well as I tried assembly redirect from 1.5.11.0 to 2.6.8.0 but that does not seem to solve the problem.

I just set up new 8.0 project and added files which is causing problem to that project and it builds fine. Not sure what's wrong with the upgraded project.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks

Atit

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jun-2015 00:00

Hello Atit,

You have an opened support case for the issue. Please, communicate the information in it and when a solution is found, we will be grateful if you share it with the community.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jun-2015 00:00

Hi All, 

Probably this may save couple of hours for someone else. I was able to solve the problem by updating .csproj file to match as per the new 8.0 project. I had to add couple of lines from blank project to my existing project to get it to work..

Thanks
Atit

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jun-2015 00:00

Hello Atit,

Thank you for sharing this with the community. You can share the modifications to the project file, if you want to.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Aug-2015 00:00

I am having the same issue. I have copied all of the correct binding assemblies over from the blank 8.1 project to my upgraded 8.1 project, but I still have the same error.

Do you have anything in particular you copied over that you think made it work?

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Aug-2015 00:00

Hello Anthony,

Under what  .NET version the project is being built? For Sitefinity 8.1 it should be .NET 4.5. Please, ensure you are using the correct system assemblies for 8.1, as well as, you have the correct binding redirects in the web.config.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Yes, I found out that the issue was that it needed to be built using .NET 4.5 instead of 4.0. Thank you.

Hi Anthony,

I am glad you have resolved the issue. Thank you for letting us know.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

This thread is closed