Receiving 405 web method not allowed when posting data back to custom module web service - General Discussions - General Discussions - Progress Community

Receiving 405 web method not allowed when posting data back to custom module web service

General Discussions

Receiving 405 web method not allowed when posting data back to custom module web service

• Receiving 405 web method not allowed when posting data back to custom module web service
  • Looking at the help page for the Dynamic Modules Data.svc tells me if I want to create a data item I need to use this uri:

/Sitefinity/Services/DynamicModules/Data.svc//dataItemId/?provider=provider&itemType=itemType&workflowOperation=workflowOperation

I specify the uri like this:

/Sitefinity/Services/DynamicModules/Data.svc//?provider=&workflowOperation=Publish&itemType=Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.Notifications.Notification

To create a data item you need to specify a PUT and I'm doing that. Last the data format I send back looks like this:

"Item":

"ExternalControl":true,

"Id":null,

"Lifecycle":null,

"Message":"PersistedValue":null,"Value":"The website is unexpectedly down right now. Sorry for the inconvenience. We will be back up shortly.",

"Title":"PersistedValue":null,"Value":"Website is down"

I'm creating a new Notification so I can't possibly specify all the information that you would send in your PUT call and "web method not allowed" doesn't tell me if there's something wrong with my format. I am succeeding in authenticating or else my get data calls wouldn't be working and I'd be receiving an entirely different error so I know authenticating is not the problem. So what am I doing wrong when the uri, request type, and the data format is correct?