Specifying expiration dates for Pages

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 02:34

Specifying expiration dates for Pages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2011 00:00

When I used Ektron CMS in the past, I could set expiration dates for Pages so that the Pages would automatically disappear from the navigation without the use of News or any specific module.

I would like to see a similar capability in Sitefinity for Pages since content quickly becomes outdated and most content is editing through the use of content blocks rather than News or other similar publishing modules.

Currently, there is not even the capability to set expiration dates for Shared Content Blocks within the Content Blocks module which would at least partially alleviate the issues with outdated content placed on Pages.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Samir,

Thank you for contacting us.

in Sitefinity 4 we have a Schedule Publish/Unpublish functionality. When you are in the page editor go to More actions button and click on it. You will see a Schedule ublish/npublish link. Click on it to see a dialog where you can set specific dates to publish and/or unpublish the page (see attached).

Please let me know if this is working for you or if you have other comments or suggestions.

Best wishes,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed