How to remove a responsive layout CSS file.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 02:52

How to remove a responsive layout CSS file.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Feb-2013 00:00

Within this area:
Design > Responsive & Mobile Design

I opened the "Smart Phones & Small Devices" rule group and chose "Transform the layout" and selected a CSS file to transform the layout under "Specific CSS file for transforming layout and design".

Upon saving that, I realized the location that the system puts in includes ~/App_Data/ as part of the location of the file. And it appears that it also adds /App_Data/ to the CSS <link> tag, but the file doesn't load with /App_Data/ as part of it's URL...

So I figured, I'd just add the CSS as a standard part of my Master Page and ditch the CSS file link in the Responsive & Mobile Design settings.

...but... There doesn't seem to be any way to remove a CSS file linked there after it has been added...

How can I get rid of that?

Thanks,
Brandon

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2013 00:00

Hey Brandon,

You can do two things:

Remove the rule entirely and recreate it from scratch without linking to a .css

or

Open SQL Management Studio, find the [sf_rdsgn_media_query] table and then set the value for the [additional_css_file_path] to NULL (ctrl+0).

Jochem

Hello guys,

I just want to note that with the new release you will have the ability to choose the pages and templates on which the responsive design rule will be applied.  

Regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This worked for me, thank you! I ended up just deleting the rule group and recreating it.

Thanks,
Brandon

This thread is closed