Remove telerik.web.ui.webresource.axd

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 16:22

Remove telerik.web.ui.webresource.axd

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2013 00:00

Thanks for your time.

I am trying to create a custom theme, but the styles hard-coded into this file telerik.web.ui.webresource.axd are fighting me and being new to ASP.NET and SiteFinity I can't figure out how to escape them. My master file is very rudimentary (ignore the placeholders for my custom resource pathnames.) Any concise suggestions on how I can go about defeating WebResource.axd will be greatly appreciated.

<%@ Master Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
    <!-- test --->
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="some valid pathname to my CSS" />
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />

<div id="Header">
            <asp:contentplaceholder id="Header" runat="server" />
        </div>
        <div id="Content">
            <asp:contentplaceholder id="Content" runat="server" />
        </div>
        <div id="Footer">
            <asp:contentplaceholder id="Footer" runat="server" />
        </div>
    </form>
<script src="(links to my other scripts)"></script>
</body>
</html>

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi Luke,

I'm not entirely sure of your scenario, but this link may be of interest to you.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2013 00:00

Thanks for the reply Arno. Can you suggest how I'd put the information in that link to use in the context of the scenario I described? Specifically I'm trying to knock out the default styling which SiteFinity applies (even in the absence of any page template at all.)

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2013 00:00

Problem partly solved, at least for creating page templates via point-and-click.

By default, any new page template is built on top of "Basic." Even if when you are creating the page template you select "Don't use template (start from scratch)" the platform still has "Basic" as the default.

This may be on the assumption that most users creating new page templates will want a minimum boilerplate layout to work from.

Anyway I think (knock on wood) I've managed to escape WebResource.axd's styles without having to touch a line of code.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Apr-2013 00:00

"Basic" is such a turd, I wish the default theme was actually something nice and awesome so when you fire up a new instance\demo everything looked great.

Nobody is building their site off of "Basic" as a starting point :)

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Apr-2013 00:00

I wish the default theme was something nice and awesome but also responsive out of the box. I'm still trying to figure out how to get a 3rd party front end framework like Bootstrap CSS, etc. to play nice with SiteFinity, because even with "Basic" turned off I'm still playing whack-a-mole.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello guys,

Have you checked our template and theme builder? It can help you create themes and templates fast and easy.

Greetings,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Apr-2013 00:00

Thanks for the reply Jen. It might be more appropriate if we were starting a site design from scratch to work from that tool. What I am doing is basically transferring a complete rendered design (static markup, CSS, Javascript libraries) into the SiteFinity framework, so for that I find it easier to work with a master file directly.

This thread is closed