DevMagazineSite Sitefinity 9.1 - Initialization failed - Front- & Back-End Development - Front- & Back-End Development - Progress Community
 Front- & Back-End Development

DevMagazineSite Sitefinity 9.1 - Initialization failed

• DevMagazineSite Sitefinity 9.1 - Initialization failed
  • I am trying to get the  DevMagazineSite to run on my local box with SF 9.1

Using Visual Studio 2015 Professional, locally installed Sql Server 2014, with the database bak restored.

I open the solution and run it, projects compiles, cogwheels then:

Initialization failed

The type initializer for 'Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ServiceRuntime.RoleEnvironment' threw an exception. 

• Hello,

Can you please verify or (re-)install the Windows Azure SDK for .NET for Visual Studio?
    http://docs.sitefinity.com/reference-windows-azure-sdk-supported-versions

This solved the issue for me.

Regards,
    Dimitri Cools
    Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

• a96f541e-37c1-6deb-a958-ff0000446526_devmagzine.jpg

Now it seems to get beyond the initial initialization but I get the following 

You have requested a file from older product minor version(ProductMinorVersionId = 4513, ProductId = 725) 

I am using the version 9.1 trail version

• Try to put your licence file inside this folder App_Data\Sitefinity and restart application

And be sure, that you have correct licence key. I mean, from version 9.1

• So I suppose it that means that the Devmagazine site will not work with the trail version  ...  it may help if you'll put that out there ...
  • Hi,

The requirement of having a Sitefinity CMS license is mentioned among the requirements on the documentation page;

Requirements

• Sitefinity CMS license

• .NET Framework 4

• Visual Studio 2012

• Microsoft SQL Server Express and SQL Server 2008R2 or later versions

http://docs.sitefinity.com/feather-create-a-devmagazine-site

Regards,
    Dimitri Cools
    Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

• So I would like to get this DevMagazine up and running on my local machine so that I can learn from it. I did see the requirements for a Sitefinity CMS License. I have a license for the project I am working on. It is the latest release of Sitefinity. Am I supposed to use that license for this tutorial/sample site? Or should I download a trial key for it? Any guidance would be appreciated. 
  • Hi Jason,

Yes, you can use your licence for DevMagazine