BUG: Other MVC widgets do not show up when in details mode o

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 19:25

BUG: Other MVC widgets do not show up when in details mode of the Dynamic widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jun-2016 00:00

Very frustrating: this bug still exists on Sitefinity 9.1 and feather 1.6.5

I just discovered that this is bug in feather after hours of scratching my head to figure out what to do. On following page there is one line of explanation which promises this bug has been rectified in version 1.6.5 of feather:

"Other MVC widgets do not show up when in details mode of the Dynamic widget"

https://github.com/Sitefinity/feather/releases/tag/v.1.6.500.0

At first I felt happy and tried to update my feather but it turns out that this version needs Sitefinity 9.1 while I had version 8.2. So, I took the risk and spent hours to upgrade my project. At the end, to my surprise the bug still exist and its very solid and persistent ! Could it be because of using an upgraded project? I mean this fix only works on clean install?

I am frustrated and tired. Can anyone suggest a quick/dirty fix to this problem at least? my project is pending on this issue.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jun-2016 00:00

I checked in one of my project and everything fine with that. But, i am using MVC layouts. Are you using hybrid layouts?

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jun-2016 00:00

I am also using Pure MVC layouts/widget.

Is this problem because I have upgraded from version 8.2 ?

It shouldn't be. Can you check inside bin folder,that you are using Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend.dll version 1.6.5

Already checked. its correct version.

Actually there are two groups of MVC widgets in my projects. Those MVC views which are customizing a module default widget (based on DynamicContentListViewModel or ContentDetailsViewModel) are being display with no problem.

But those which I built using Thunder from scratch (creating Model/View/Controller under MVC folder) to pull some data and display got this issue.

Hi,

The problem with your custom MVC widgets (created with Thunder or from scratch) is that they do not recognize the details action (or any other action that they do not implement explicitly).

To solve the issue override the HandleUnknownAction in the controllers like so:

protected override void HandleUnknownAction(string actionName)
    this.Index().ExecuteResult(this.ControllerContext);

Regards,
Velizar Bishurov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

That's write. With this explanation it makes sense. I tried and it worked. 

Thank you, I was scratching my head for few days.

Velizar, I also found this blog post:

www.sitefinity.com/.../how-to-display-mvc-widget-in-detail-views-of-content-items

Is this an alternative approach? Is there a documentation for UrlKeyPrefix in feather or any documentation on what you just exaplained? This is kind of important, I believe.

This thread is closed