Login widget redirect property

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 06:32

Login widget redirect property

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi,

I just started exploring sitefinity. I used login widget on one of my page. What i wanted to do exactly to redirect the user automatically on homepage(or some other page) after successful login. 

I've gone through all the properties of login widget, but i don't see any property which does this. i.e. navigateurl. 

Can you pls tell me whether there is any property out of the box or i need to go for user control.

Thanks & regards,
palak

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Apr-2012 00:00

palak,

You need to edit the "DestinationPageUrl" property (~/somepage.aspx). Also, make sure the "LoginAction" property is set to "Redirect".
Hope this helps.
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi Andrei,

I am using sitefinity 5. These properties you said is available with login widget(backward compatibility), and i am using Claim-based authentication. so sitefinity doesn't allow me to use it.
The new login widget has no such kind of properties. What can be the option now ?

Regards,
palak

Yes, i can switch back to FBA (form-based authentication). I am going to do that.

Still, if any option available with CBA(claim-based), do let me know.

Regards,
palak

Hello guys,

The redirect functionality for the claims based login widget will be implemented in the upcoming Service Pack, expected in the upcoming weeks.

All the best,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2012 00:00

That's great !

Best Regards,
palak

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi Palak,

We have released the service pack for 5.1 yesterday, so you may download it from your account downloads page and check the new functionality of the login widget.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Apr-2012 00:00

Waaw...

Lemme' check this release.

Many thanks to you victor.

regards,
palak

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi Victor,

I am running Sitefinity 6.2. I have added a Login form which uses a custom MembershipProvider (in case that matters). I have tried to set the "DestinationPageUrl" property to "~/someRedirectpage.aspx?param1=abcdefg" and "mydomain.com/somepage.aspx" but in all cases the login form does not redirect to the desired destination.

Is this, perchance, a bug in Sitefinity 6.2?

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi Guys,
Facing same problem while using 6.2. It cannot redirect to the page defined in DestinationPageUrl. Is there any official response regarding to that?

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi,

This behavior is caused by a bug in 6.2. If you have the login widget and a login status widget on the same page, the destinationpageurl does not work and the user is not redirected.

I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi Atanas,
Thank you for the reply. Going to build a custom control for that :)

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi Atanas,

When you have a moment, can you please report back to this thread when you guys decide in which service release this bug fix will be included?

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi,

The bug fix should be available in text release.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2014 00:00

In 6.3 this problem still exists..... :(

What is a workaround for that?

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2014 00:00

Hello Frank,

I have dag a login widget on a page and set the property "DestinationPageUrl" to another page (for example: "/page/childpage") and it redirects after successful login to that page.

I have checked this on 6.3 and 7.0 and it works as expected.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2014 00:00

We had an "login status widget" in the master template which prevents from redirecting... Strange this widgets don't work easily together.... But it's working. 

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Dec-2014 00:00

Hi All,

I have login widget and login/logout button in same page, i want to show the if user/admin/author logs, the login/logout button is shown, but login widget is also getting shown in that page, i have set the permission for login/logout button[shown for after login] and login widget [only shown for anonymous users], i tried so much but as it show because it has administrators permission. Is there any chance not to show the login widget as administrator logs in.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Dec-2014 00:00

Hi Sravn,

In order to achieve your need you can try the following:
- Open the More > Permissions menu of the Login widget
- Set View permissions to Everyone
- Set Deny permissions to Authenticated users (screenshot)

This will hide the login widget when the user is logged (note that the administrators could not be restricted).

In order to restrict all the authenticated users to view the widget you can do this for example in code behind of a custom layout widget. Have in mind that you should not restrict the view in design/preview mode.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed