Trying to pull all visible pages results in: Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object - Front- & Back-End Development - Front- & Back-End Development - Progress Community
 Front- & Back-End Development

Trying to pull all visible pages results in: Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

• Trying to pull all visible pages results in: Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  • Please tell me if there is something wrong with this line of code:

var pages = App.WorkWith().Pages().ThatArePublished().Where(p => p.GetPageData().Visible).Get().ToList();

I am trying to get all visible pages, because I believe the .ThatArePublished() method in my version of Sitefinity doesn't work correctly, as it is pulling in pages that are not published. This is a work around I discovered on these forums, but am having trouble implementing it. 

Am I doing something wrong here? All my function does is return the page variable, and parses it from there. I have it tracked down to this very line of code. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

• Give up on the fluent api and just use the mangers.  Fluent just wraps them anyway and leaves out too many things.

Filter on staus live and visible true

• Steve is absolutely right.

But if u still want to use fluent, you can try this code. It's taking published, filtering by language and not deleted:

var newCulture = new CultureInfo("en");
    var pagesFl = App.WorkWith().Pages()
             .LocatedIn(PageLocation.Frontend)
             .ThatArePublished()
             .ThatAreForLanguage(newCulture)
             .Get()
             .Where(p => p.IsDeleted == false)
             .OrderByDescending(x => x.LastModified).ToList();