Login Issue - Bugs & Issues - Bugs & Issues - Progress Community
 Bugs & Issues

Login Issue

• Login Issue
  • Hi

[Someone is already using this username and password from another computer or browser.
    To proceed, you need to log him/her off.]

Each time when i try to log in  with my application i Shows above message in Sitefinity4.0RC.Tough i sucessfully logged out from sitefinity

i need to know why this is coming way may be the reason for this

Thanks
    Uttam
  • Hello uttam,

1. Make sure that you have not used two ( more) browsers to access the backend and the cookie is not clear.
    2. Clear the browser history and cookie in case some data has left there.

Kind regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  • This is very confusing to users.

In this video I was kicked out of the admin while working on it.

Tryed to sign in a couple of times. Telling me that someelse is using my credentials does not really make a enduser feel secure :-)

You will see in the video that when logged in it will switch to admin for as short time
    Then I get an option menu that kind of only lets me sign of:

What do you want to do? (Maybe I should have clicked on the big 'Log in to manage site' but that looked like a title to me :-)

www.marktold.com/screencast/log_in_out.swf

Markus
  • Hello Markus,

1. Could you check whether you have RadWindowManager on the page? ( you can check the page source)
    2. If you clear the cache do you still have problems?

Kind regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  • Ivan

This is a fresh install with only a few simple pages added.

Markus
  • Hi Markus,

Ok , but do you have the RadWindowManager and are there is any difference when you clear the cache. I am going to log a task for our QAs, so I will need some more details about the issue.

Best wishes,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
  • Dear Ivan

Here is another video. This time a cleared the cache while I was logged in and then performed a logout.

www.marktold.com/screencast/Log-out_02.swf 

Well I have not added any RadWindow manager. And where would you expect it. On any of the pages? Or on the loginpage?

Testpages are here: http://bskd.test-it-now.com/ so you can see for your self

Markus
  • Hi Markus,

Thank you for reporting this. I logged it as a bug with ID 107432 and I will schedule it for fixing. I updated your Telerik points.

All the best,
    Petya
    the Telerik team
  • Hello
    [Someone is already using this username and password from another computer or browser.
    To proceed, you need to log him/her off.]

I am using one browser only for login but it is again showing the same message
  • Hi,

We cannot replicate the issue when you use one browser with one tab in it. However, as you might have noticed we logged a task for this issue, so we will check several scenarios. We have idea what the problem could be and there are cases that we can replicate the issue.

Regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
  • Dear Ivan

How about one browser with two tabs with the same site.

I am a bit suprised that I can open one IE and log-in and open another IE (not tab) and copy the URL from the first for example. http://WWW.MYDOMAIN.com/Sitefinity/Pages and am logged in as well.

Markus
  • Hi

I'm getting the same error. I can say with certainty that it is not because of 2 browser windows.

Has anyone found any solution to this?
  • Hello Charles,

Please try to delete your cookies/temp files and check if the problem still exists.

To to this:
    1.IE>Tools menu>Internet Options
    2. General Tab> Browsing History section > Click Delete button.
    3. Select Cookies(or all) and click Delete

1. Firefox>Tools menu
    2. Click Clear Recent History - select  Cookies (or all)
    3. Click Clear Now or  use Ctrl+Shift+Delete

Regards,
    Sonya
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  • Hi Sonya

I have done so, a few times. I have used 3 different browsers to make sure that this is not a browser issue. 

I have also started a new thread (did not find this one till afterwards http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/bugs-issues/4-1-cms-doesn-t-hold-session.aspx ), stating that, I cleared the cache, all my cookies, basically made sure there was no trace that I have logged on. It then still shows that I'm logged in.